Montreal/ Quebec/ Remote (Only in Quebec)
As a full stack web developer at Mirego, your daily work is to create innovative applications that have the ambition to change the world, on a small or large scale. Challenges do not scare you. You’re always one step ahead on the latest trends. You take great pride in delivering excellent products and services and that’s why you want to be around the best, so you can always learn more.
Every day, you work directly on products that make a real difference in people’s lives in a variety of ways:
- Inform and entertain via the Bell Fibe TV apps and the TV5Unis apps.
- Fuel the passion of hockey fans via the Montréal Canadiens app.
- Rethink grocery shopping via the Sobeys/IGA apps.
- Provide 24/7 access to a doctor via the Olive telemedicine app.
- Plan and simplify snowmobile outings via BRP’s BRP GO! app.
- Facilitate the search and discovery of wines and spirits via the SAQ app.
- Provide a regional news service via CN2i/Omerlo’s digital newspaper ecosystem.
- Build the pharmacy of tomorrow via the Familiprix ecosystem.
- Collaborate on the design and development of world-class web applications and cloud native services.
- Participate in agile ceremonies and contribute to product evolution, regardless of your role on the team.
- Make the team stronger through sharing your knowledge.
- Help create exceptional user experiences.
WHAT YOU NEED
- You need to be comfortable in French since we have a predominantly French speaking work environment.
- Passionate and always committed to results.
- Can assess and manage priorities.
- Demonstrate a good ability to analyze and understand situations.
- Curious and aware that functional languages such as Elixir are important enablers.
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following languages and frameworks: TypeScript, Elixir, Ruby, Java, Kotlin, Ember.js, React or Vue.js—and if not, being strongly motivated to learn them.
- Expertise with REST or GraphQL web services and knowledge of modern deployment tools (e.g., Docker, Terraform or Kubernetes) as well as of DevOps principles.
- A commitment to building high-quality products and services.
- Autonomy and proactivity.
- The expertise and people skills that help make the team better.
- A minimum of experience in software development.
- A deep understanding of fundamental design concepts, object-oriented development (or functional development!) and an interest in reactive programming.