Headquarters: Wilmington, DE
Givebutter is the most-loved nonprofit fundraising platform, empowering millions of changemakers to raise more, pay less, and give better. Nonprofits use Givebutter to replace multiple tools so they can launch fundraisers and events, use donation forms and donor management (CRM), send emails and text blasts—all in one place. Instead of charging a traditional SaaS subscription fee, Givebutter is completely free to use with a 100% transparent tip-or-fee model.
Givebutter has been certified as a Great Place to Work® in 2021, 2022, and 2023, and is the #1 rated nonprofit software company on G2 across multiple categories.
Our mission is to empower the changemaker in all of us. We believe giving should be fun, so you’ll want to do it again, and we also believe that work should be fun, so that you’ll have the greatest impact. We are excited to hear from talented people who want to work with other talented people in making the world a butter place—and have fun along the way.
As an Account Executive, you will be an integral team member helping thousands of nonprofits each year navigate how to fundraise more and for FREE with Givebutter. You will work closely with the entire inbound team to ensure sales activities are seamless and profitable.
Givebutter has a very healthy inbound pipeline of selective leads. Currently it takes multiple days for an inbound lead to schedule a demo with our sales team. We are scaling the team to help nonprofits sign on to Givebutter and not need to wait 3+ days for a demo.
We want to hear from people who…
- Are excited about the Givebutter mission to empower changemakers
- Are hungry, go-getters, and driven by success
- Lead needs assessments and demos with prospective clients (incl. C-suite, board members, founders, and development staff).
- Implement personalized follow-up cadences to proactively engage prospective clients.
- Close sales opportunities at a high rate with an even higher rate of retention – both revenue and accounts wise.
- Develop a deep understanding of our ideal customer profile and how they relate to our products and services.
- Craft solutions for prospective clients and help them raise six and seven figures per account.
- Track and meet sales goals and report results on daily, weekly, and monthly bases.
- Outbound lead generation as prescribed situationally.
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS sales including 2+ years selling software into the nonprofit space.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in cold outreach, task and email management, as well as sales CRMs.
- Prior experience doing product demos and owning a full sales cycle.
- Passionate about solving problems and educating potential customers.
- Process oriented – you solve the problem for today and tomorrow.
- Want to grow and lead a sales division in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of your time (conditions permitting) for events, conferences, and in-person sales meetings.
- Based in Eastern or Central Standard time zone (not just working in CT or ET, you must be based there as well).
- Save your resume in Lastname_Firstname_AccountExecutive_Givebutter before uploading, only pdf
$120,000 – $140,000 a year
Base salary: $70-80,000 with 40% bonus/commission. Commission is uncapped. If you exceed your goals, you will make $140k+ per year
Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees as well as HSA and FSA accounts.
Mental Health: Givebutter health insurance plans come with access to a TalkSpace membership.
401k: We offer access to a retirement planning account for all employees.
Vacation and Holiday: Take up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Home Office Stipend: Upgrade your home office with company-sponsored expenses including high-quality laptops, monitors, and modern technology.
Charitable Giving: Employees are encouraged to donate up to $50/month to any verified nonprofit they wish to support on Givebutter.
Professional Development: We offer learning and development reimbursement opportunities.
Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you’re doing and the company you work for.
A recent study from LinkedIn showed that most women apply to jobs only when they meet 100% of the requirements, whereas men will hit the apply button if they hit 60%. Givebutter is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team – so to the women and nonbinary folks out there feeling unsure if you’re a perfect fit, we strongly encourage you to apply!