Google Cloud Engineer
Searching for an engineering role that also fits your passion for data? Want to drive impact within a fast-growing organization? Tired of your amazing ideas falling behind red tape or simply not being heard? Want to work in an environment where innovation is encouraged, fostered, and developed into the future of the organization?
Yes, to all the above? Perfect. InfoTrust is a match for your career goals.
InfoTrust, a digital marketing technology company, is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our expanding team. This new hire will help drive our growth, innovation, and future within digital analytics.
What we do: With headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, and offices in Chicago, Dubai, and Barcelona, InfoTrust has the best of both worlds. We are a growing and scaling company that helps some of the largest brands in the world become more data-driven and understand the complexities of digital analytics, tag governance, and technology.
InfoTrust’s founders believed in building a “best place to work” environment, and everything else would fall into place. This has proven to be a successful business model, as we have seen 70%+ growth year after year, and have been awarded several “Best Places to Work” honors, such as Ad Age Best Places to Work (#5), Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces, Best Employers in Ohio (#1), and Fortune 50 Best Small Workplaces.
We live by our core values: diversity, respect, growth, impact, innovation, and ownership. That said, we are looking for another team member that finds these values align with their own.
Behind our core values, we also have a mantra, “our success is someone else’s miracle” and we are always finding ways that our growth can contribute to the community. From quarterly initiatives, to large impact community drives (check out the Basket Brigade), we believe that we should leave the world a better place than we found it, and are only able to do that because of our amazing employees and the growth we have seen as a company.
Do you want to be a part of this type of company culture?
The role: The Google Cloud Engineer is responsible for helping to define and build architectures for large, complex enterprises. The engineer demonstrates advanced knowledge of Google Cloud architecture and ETL fundamentals, working to find and implement systems that allow InfoTrust to implement and deploy digital analytics solutions leveraging cloud technologies. This role will be client-facing and requires advanced knowledge of Google APIs, ETLs, web technologies, and a solid knowledge of Python.
- Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform solutions to ingest, store and process very large amounts of data, including streaming and real-time into a cloud-based big data lake.
- Be an internal SME on Google Cloud
- Be an expert in all things data, including data wrangling, aggregation, summarization, and analysis.
- Collaborate with the various data source teams (both internal and external) on effective strategies for data, specifically bringing your expertise around Google Cloud. Partner with the Data Science Team, and clients on advanced analysis, including propensity modeling, customer lifetime value modeling, time-series analysis, and prediction.
- Be an internal mentor and an external evangelist, showcasing your ability to communicate and lead.
- Be flexible with systems and industry changes; face new challenges around the corner and apply your technical mind to solve problems, teach others, and keep documentation to assist others to tackle similar challenges.
At InfoTrust it is always important for someone to be a core values match. If you do not identify with RESPECT – DIVERSITY – INNOVATION – GROWTH – IMPACT – & OWNERSHIP, then this is not the role for you. If all of these things describe you and the way you work, then read on to see what other background and skills we are looking for:
- 2 years of back-end Python development experience
- Must have Google Cloud Certification, Professional Cloud Architect
- Experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to translate complex technical ideas and solutions to non-technical and technologists alike. You are equally successful doing this via email, over the phone, video call, in person, slack, pigeon carrier (kidding of course), and any other forms of communication
- Not only do you have the Python and ETL experience but you have a proven track record architecting and delivering significant components of different enterprise web or back-end applications
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others: internally and externally
Nice-to-haves: These things are not required, but would be preferred for the Cloud Engineer:
- Experience in management or team leadership capacity
- Experience working with digital analytics, and more specifically with Google Analytics and Google Cloud (strong plus)
- Google Cloud Engineering Certification
- We would strongly prefer a candidate willing to relocate to Cincinnati or located in Ohio
Thanks for getting to the bottom of the job description! If you are excited about this role, and wanting to drive impact within an organization, then we encourage you to apply. Still not sure if it is a fit? Feel free to check out our reviews on Glassdoor, check out our blog to see more about what we do, or watch some of our videos on youtube.
InfoTrust is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.