ABOUT THE BUILDING DECARBONIZATION COALITION
âThe Building Decarbonization Coalition (BDC) unites building industry stakeholders with energy providers, environmental and environmental justice organizations, labor and workforce stakeholders, equipment manufacturers, and local governments to help electrify homes and workspaces with clean energy. Through convening, policy analysis, and consumer awareness building, the Coalition is pursuing fast, fair action to accelerate the development of zero-emission homes and buildings that will help leading states cut one of their largest sources of climate pollution, while creating safe, healthy, and affordable communities.
BDC seeks a Grants & Proposal Manager to work collaboratively with the Director of Strategy and Development to identify and cultivate major donor and sponsor relationships and secure support for the organization. The Grants & Proposal Manager will assist in securing long-term multi-year funding, building capacity as well as programming. Additionally, the Grants & Proposal Manager will work with other team members to identify and execute funding opportunities to support new and existing initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Director of Strategy and Development, execute the strategic development plan to meet short and long-term fundraising goals
- Partner with the Director of Strategy and Development to develop and maintain relationships
- Manage BDCâs funder engagement, proposal development, grant reporting, and renewal processes
- Lead the development of proposals and presentations
- Research and identify new partners, foundations, sponsors and donors to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Create and oversee the implementation of funder communications and account management plans
- Communicate with internal staff and manage internal project teams
- Utilize HubSpot database for prospect management and reporting.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Significant experience in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors, foundations, and corporate entities
- Experience in sales operations in the clean energy industry a plus
- Strong attention to detail, writing, management, and strategic thinking are a must for this role
- Outstanding writing skills, both for internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling presentations
- Experience with account management and content marketing
- Experience selling to foundations, utilities and/or government agencies
- Knowledge of building decarbonization policies, market actors, politics, and communications a plus
- Demonstrated flexibility, self-motivation, attention to detail, and organization, as well as a proven record of successfully managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Entrepreneurial, creative and innovative
- Able to thrive and learn in a fast-paced environment and adjust to changing organizational priorities
WORK ENVIRONMENT, SCHEDULE & TRAVEL
The Grants & Proposal Manager will work remotely from their home and can be based anywhere in the US. Some travel will be required, respective of Covid-related health and safety guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a full-time salaried position with comprehensive benefits. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
The BDC values diversity in all its forms and is committed to an inclusive and transparent recruitment process. We recruit and hire without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, age, religion, creed, disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, domestic partnership status, citizenship, military service, height, weight, HIV/AIDS status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $100,000 – 120,000, commensurate with experience, plus a competitive benefits package including paid health insurance coverage, retirement benefits with company matching, unlimited flexible paid leave, 12 paid holidays, access to professional development resources, and much more.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.