Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
Hi there!! We are looking for a Head of Growth, who will help us improve the most advanced content platform worldwide. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate, and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 50,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery, and Shure.
We are focused on product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user-facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
The Head of Growth will take on complete ownership of marketing operations and demand generation. Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, your involvement will be critical in bringing us to the next level. As a highly experienced professional with a growth mentality, you will oversee all aspects of user and customer acquisition, with a high level of accountability and ownership. You will be expected to be extremely hands-on in the beginning as you set up a scalable growth infrastructure and grow out the team.
What you will be working on
- Taking complete hands-on ownership on the more technical aspects of the marketing team, as well as grow and lead the marketing operations team, including SEO, Marketing Engineering, Demand Generation, and Marketing Automation. You will also be extremely involved with the Inbound Marketing team, closely collaborating with Product Marketing and Content.
- Developing, testing, and iterating on growth marketing strategies to drive new users & leads, converting free users to paid subscriptions, and to growing revenue from existing users. You’ll need to understand the full-funnel, all the different marketing touch points, key messaging and value propositions, and customer audiences to pull together the most impactful strategies. As the owner of multiple acquisition and activation KPIs across the funnel, you will be working extensively with the wider marketing team, as well as Sales, Customer Success, Partnerships, Design, and Product.
- Driving measurable impact in conversion and sign-up rates through funnel optimisation, testing, and experimentation, and provide detailed reporting and analytics on the impact of your growth marketing efforts.
- Working closely with the leadership team to establish and drive a strong growth marketing function that covers the entire acquisition and activation funnel (including SEO, automation, performance marketing, CRM, and reporting) to eventually grow out the Growth Marketing team.
What we expect from you
- You are a technical and data-inspired marketer with a longstanding record of scaling a high-growth B2B SaaS or Developer Tooling company. You come with strong experience as a full-stack marketer, with sufficient experience in inbound marketing, performance marketing, CRM & automation, and demand generation.
- You have a breadth of experience across multiple marketing channels including, but not limited to: SEO, CRO, Performance (ABM, PPC, SEM, and Social), CRM (email, in-app, activation, retargeting), and retention marketing.
- You are comfortable with making independent and critical decisions in the pursuit of measured business impact.
- You are comfortable with setting up the growth marketing function by being extremely operational and hands-on, before eventually growing the growth marketing team and transitioning into a highly strategic and inspirational leadership role.
- You are comfortable being an individual contributor as well as working within a team. You work independently with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- You ideally have a go-to stack and process (including lead-generation, reporting, analytics, measurement, etc.) that you’re comfortable setting up and implementing.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding, and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a workplace that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self-motivation is the driving factor for our teams’ success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work-life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, the latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s)/Assignments and (or) Case studies
- Team-fit conversation
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.