Headquarters: Nashville, TN
We’re hiring a Marketing Operations Manager capable to help us accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help our clients grow their company so they can focus on solving big problems in the world.
See, we believe that humans are built to make things. And one of the best ways to get more people making more things, is to help them sell their products and services they invent.
We know how to do that over and over again.
That’s why our mission is helping our clients grow their revenue by $100 million per year. It’s a measure of the impact we’re having and how effective we are as a company.
And that is where you come in!
Our Marketing team is about 11-months-old, but our tech stack is much older. As a result, many of our new initiatives just aren’t compatible with the way things were set up years ago. And by not compatible I mean we don’t have the level of automation, visibility, or accurate tracking that we need to know what’s working and what’s not. We now need a full-time Marketing Ops “wizard” to set us up on their dream tech stack and tie it all together in Hubspot.
- This is someone who is a total tech and data nerd yet understands the basics of direct response marketing.
- This is someone who would look at our current stack and laugh – who knows their way around Hubspot, is personally offended when a metric in the funnel is incorrect, and has had at least one dream about Google Analytics.
- This person will be our “eyes”. The way you set things up and automate reporting will give us insights into our funnels and our customers’ journey that we’ve never had access to before.
This role is important because without you we will not have the ability to reach the people who need our help growing their own business and impacting the world with their message and teaching.
We need you to level us up and “blow up” what you need to. Improve our approach, build upon what we’ve started, invent new and better techniques. And, most of all, have fun helping people turn their ideas into thriving businesses.
What will you learn in this role?
If you come from a small marketing team
If you come from the traditional offline marketing world or a standard marketing agency, our pace of innovation, action taking and iteration might be uncomfortable for you. You’ll learn how to move fast, iterate quickly, and put zero value into sunk cost. You’ll also get to finally spread your wings, get rid of the red tape and do your thing.
If you come from a large corporation or have a bloated management structure where you are now, this will feel like the first day out of prison after a 10-year stint.
There is 0 red tape at Growth Tools. We don’t care about how other people have always done things, how you have always done things, or what anyone’s SOP is. What we care about is: 1) you loving what you do every day and waking up excited to do it; and 2) our students’ and clients’ successes. We ruthlessly measure both of those on a daily basis.
In this role you will learn:
1. How to lead Martech for the company. You’ll be setting us up on systems you’ve used before with everything feeding into Hubspot. Our marketing and sales teams are set up on Hubspot and all of our processes are automated – from a salesperson’s follow-up email to a lead’s quality based on their interactions with us.
2. How to be our “scoreboard”. You’ll be automating our reporting processes so that in each funnel we are 100% confident which areas of the funnel are working and which areas need optimization. Your numbers will tell the story.
3. How to keep the trains running on time. You’ll be responsible for a 200k+ subscriber email list. Emails are always ready to be queued up because of your project management skills. And we never have to worry about list health or deliverability because you’ve automated that process as well. Juggling 5 projects at once while still keeping the daily trains moving is a breeze for you.
Who will you work with?
You will work directly with me, Drew Breaux, Director of Marketing, and our amazing team: Will (Head of Content), Alysa (Marketing Manager), Carmella (Ad Buyer), our content/SEO agency, and an awesome group of contractors.
Where will you work?
We all work remotely and are scattered around North America from Vancouver to Cleveland, and Nashville to Birmingham. That means you have the flexibility to work from home or a coworking location, or to take the family to Peru for the summer and work from your terrace overlooking the Andes Mountains.
We don’t micromanage you. Rather, as Marketing Operations Manager, we give you the freedom to lead, ideate, and figure out problems as you see fit. You will be a daily “in-the-weeds” practitioner with a high-level vision of how our funnels should operate.
What does Growth Tools do and why?
We believe that the world is a better place when people create and those creations are shared. Because of that, we’re creating a marketing system (delivered in 1:1 coaching) that works every time, so creators can focus on creating amazing things.
Example: I looooove Allbird shoes.
Guess how Allbirds came to exist? A dude, Tim Brown, had the idea for them. And he had enough gumption and know-how to go out and actually make them. Now Allbirds is one of the most successful upstart shoe brands from the past 5 years.
The world is a better place when every Tim out there turns their ideas into real-life products.
That’s why our goal is to generate $100 million in revenue for our clients. That is our measurement that these creations are being shared and real value is being generated as a result.
Do you want to be on the front lines and directly involved with growing some of the coolest and most innovative companies in the world?
If you are interested in leveling up our marketing team with your Martech, Operations, and Tracking/Reporting skills, I look forward to talking to you.
P.S. Check out the job scorecard for this role to get a more detailed look at what you’ll be doing. Listen to this podcast episode for some insight into our hiring process and how to get hired. And check out our core values to see how we think and act as a company.
- You’re a complete marketing nerd who has been looking for a role like this for years.
- You are ridiculously organized and a great communicator.
- You love creating in-depth reports and learning from the data.
- You love being in the weeds executing and automating.
- You come with batteries included. You love to “figure it out” and ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
- You own at least one Star Wars movie on VHS.
- The chance to totally transform and install your own tech stack is a dream come true.
- Ideally you have 3+ years of martech experience, and have helped plan/set up marketing operations from scratch, or revamp an outdated tech stack.
- Ideally you have direct Hubspot experience and would feel comfortable getting our marketing ops and sales team on the platform.
- Ideally you’re certified in Google Analytics, and have experience with tools like Mixpanel, Unbounce, Instapages, Drip, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Business Manager, Adwords, and can tie the best tools for the job into Hubspot.
- Work from anywhere (we’re 100% remote)
- Occasional travel, such as quarterly on-site meetings
- Salary & bonus: $55k – $75k per year
- Health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation (mandated 1 week/yr)
- Unlimited education allowance
- Unlimited equipment allowance
- $100/mo. reimbursable personal/marriage counseling