Celestia is the first modular blockchain network. By decoupling consensus from execution, Celestia enables anyone to easily deploy their own blockchain, without the overhead of bootstrapping a new consensus network. Blockchains on Celestia are free from constraints, making them scalable, sovereign, and secure.
About the Team
The Celestia team is remote first and highly distributed, with english as our primary language for communication. We are looking for self-starters that are excited about working in a fast paced startup environment. We do not require employees to live in specific timezones, but much of the team lives and works in the European and US timezones. As such, employees are expected to be available as needed for team and company events that are scheduled. Generally these are scheduled between 12pm-5pm UTC.
Who You Are
Celestia is seeking a full time Head of People Operations to support the growing team and establish people ops best practices to make Celestia an amazing place to work. Candidates that will excel in this role are ones who have experience being the first people ops hire and/or have experience creating many people ops strategies and policies from scratch. This role will report to the COO, Nick White.
- Flexible and remote work environment
- Work at the forefront of blockchain technology
- Drive People Ops at a cutting-edge blockchain startup
- A competitive compensation package including salary and a share of the initial token supply
- Lead People Ops for the organization
- Manage all aspects of the employee experience and ensure that Celestia is an excellent place to work
- Design and drive processes like onboarding, employee and manager feedback cycles, recruiting and interviewing, team meetings and retreats, and events
- Proven work experience in People Ops or a similar role, where you supported a fast-growing team and an excellent work environment
- Experience creating new policies from scratch
- Proven ability to manage multiple outside teams, such as event planners or onsite venues
- Excellent ability to work autonomously and document your thinking
Nice to have
- Passion for blockchain technology and excited to work at a fast growing startup
- People Ops experience at a blockchain or fintech startup
- Experience being the first People Ops hire
- Experience navigating People Ops needs for a team that spans many countries and legal jurisdictions
While experience in the blockchain space is preferred â having general excitement about web3 and modular blockchain technology is a must!