Would you like to work with an award-winning product in a growing company? We at HappyOrNot R&D continuously work on our product to be more kick-ass at delivering value to our growing customer base. Now we are looking for a battle-proven project and RD leader to be our new Head of Projects.
As an ideal candidate, you are an experienced project leader with excellent project management skills. You most likely have an extensive technology background and maybe have worked as a developer at some point of your career. You are an effective communicator with a strong passion for leading challenging software (and maybe even hardware) development projects. You possess long experience as a leader in different R&D organizations. You also have experience in outsourcing and managing external software development work, covering offshore/nearshore.
You have a good understanding of the tools and technology stack we are working with (Scala, JVM, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, React, Redux, Kotlin, AWS, DevOps,). Background as a developer at some point of your earlier career is seen as a major benefit to succeed in this demanding role.
You’ll thrive with us if you want to help our customers reach their goals, are able to focus on what’s important and get it done, and understand that we are stronger as a team.
Your work will include:
- Defining a vision and alignment on “what-does-good-look-like” for projects and R&D by identifying and deploying best practices, principles, and planning tools to build a world class R&D team.
- Establishing oversight on the entire project portfolio. Monitoring and controlling our projects against the objectives (timeline, budget, quality) while coordinating corrective measures with goal driven mindset.
- Knowing what to do and how to do. Developing project management and SW creation competencies and working practices for the team. Providing training, mentoring and the necessary processes, and the right project management tools and methodologies.
- Directing project management capacity plans and right set of capabilities supporting our portfolio and product plans and making sure we have the right talent at the right time.
- Recruiting and staffing by participating in recruitment processes and working with external agencies and third parties to staff the own team and divide the work between internal and external teams.
- Leading and continuously developing project management discipline, its people, and its skills. Coaching and mentoring our talent individually, and organizing training as needed.
- Identifying project management best practices and implementing them on project teams.
- Reviewing project plans, timelines, schedule and quality levels through the defined development processes. Looking for dependencies, trends, and patterns across projects and teams that may lead to more effective plans.
- Auditing project management practices across projects looking for opportunities for improvement and sharing best practices.
- Being the people manager for Projects team and helping the team to grow and build long-term career paths for experts.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships between project teams across the company. Promoting ‘One company’ co-operative mindset to break out from any silos. Leveraging these relationships to influence positive and collaborative outcomes.
What we offer:
In return, we will offer you all the tools and support for enabling your success. You have an opportunity to join the team behind the globally protected and awarded HappyOrNot service and have the chance to grow your expertise in a growing, modern SaaS company on the way of conquering the customer and employee satisfaction markets worldwide.
If you would ask our employees what they value the most in working with us, they’d talk to you about the career opportunities, flexibility with responsibility and genuine internationality.
Interested? Hop on the growth journey with us and help us make the world a happier place Smiley at a time!
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application via the application button and tell us briefly why you would be a good fit for us. Make sure you include your CV or a link to your portfolio. Please also include your salary request with the application.
We will hire as soon as the right candidate is found, so please don’t hesitate to apply right away.