As a Customer Advocate on the Customer Education team you’ll be working closely with the company founders to support our customers through email and video chat, plus proactively reach out to users to make sure they’re making the most of their subscriptions. This role is ~ 30% reactive, 70% proactive.
About the role
The main responsibilities of this role:
- Respond to technical support emails (mostly these come in from 2pm -> 11pm UTC Monday -> Friday)
- Identify successful users and reach out for customer stories and testimonials
- Identify struggling users and reach out to help them make the most of the product
- Conduct small group and individual workshops to educate users about certain features
- Keep our help documentation up to date in response to customer queries and new features
- Triage feature requests to the Product team and help identify areas of improvement
As a member of a small team you’ll also need to get stuck into things outside your wheelhouse. Here’s some examples of tasks you might be asked to do as part of your role:
- Writing long-form blog posts
- Creating short screencast and talking head videos
- Run live video demos to explain the product in its entirety to prospective users
- Designing and improving customer onboarding sequences
- ~ 28 paid vacation days per year. Take the time you need to be healthy and happy. We’re not counting—this is honor based.
- One fully-paid team retreat. We’ll go somewhere nice for a week and HelpDocs’ll pick up all your expenses.
- $300/m healthcare stipend toward private health insurance
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave
- $70/m towards a gym membership or other fitness activities
- $2k equipment allowance given every 3 years.
The range for this role is $54-65k per year. We don’t pay on location. We have bands based on experience. You’ll be retained as a full-time consultant and responsible for your own taxes.
- You have a personality and you’re not afraid to show it ✨
- You’re fluent (like a native) in English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You communicate thoughtfully and inclusively. You take what others say with positive intent. Even if you think they’re being an asshole.
- You see diversity and inclusion as something to be celebrated. Something non-negotiable. That translates to the language you choose, your attitude towards other people, and to your deliverables at work.
- You’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty in different areas of the business
- You thrive on direct feedback, positive and negative, and are constantly working to be the best you can be. You’re happy giving direct feedback too.
- You’re a self-starter. Working in the gray with a ton of uncertainty doesn’t phase you.
- You’re happiest working remotely and have been doing so for at least a year
- You have experience communicating asynchronously across timezones through tools like Twist, Threads, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- You’re passionate about your work and customer-focused
- You have access to rock-solid high speed internet and love showing your face on video calls with the team and customers
- You want to treat HelpDocs as your full time role, you aren’t currently studying, and you don’t want this as a side gig alongside another role or freelancing.
- You have 1+ year(s) experience working in Customer Advocacy, Customer Success, or a related field
- You’re based in a Western European or Eastern American timezone or happy to work odd hours to cover the support tickets that come in during that period
- You’re excellent at turning complex ideas into simple words to explain to users
- You’re effective at communicating with a global customer base through language and cultural barriers
We know this list can be intimidating. If you’re missing a few things from this list but still think you’d be awesome at the role we’d love to see your application anyway (just mention what you’re missing in the “Anything else you wanna tell us” question).
If you think you’d be a good fit for more than one of our roles there’s no need to apply twice. Just add a note in your application you’d like to be considered for that too.