Headquarters: Florida, US
Are you a proactive and extremely detail-orientated content-focused virtual assistant/executive assistant who wants to learn the ins and outs of working in an online business?
Do you want to join a team of heart centric A-Players who are working on growing a leading online academy within the crystal community? If you are organized (to a fault), self-motivated, insanely efficient, and can meet a deadline without batting an eyelash, then Team HM is excited to meet you!
Hibiscus Moon is looking for a Content and Executive Virtual Assistant to add to our growing team as an independent contractor for up to 60 hours per month with the flexibility to work additional hours during peak times of the year and desire to grow with the business. The perfect candidate will have experience working within a supportive digital marketing or content role and be able to multitask and prioritize.
The Content and Executive Virtual Assistant will support our Content Management team and assist our CEO with daily admin activities. Regular responsibilities include proofreading content, posting on our social channels and helping manage comments/DMs, compiling monthly metrics, and assisting our CEO by managing her schedule and inbox, making travel arrangements, and purchasing gifts. This role is perfect for someone who is detail-oriented, knowledgeable across various digital platforms, and has solid editing and proofreading skills. Superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and to juggle multiple critical requests are required. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
Hibiscus Moon is on a mission to instill confidence in the crystal community by teaching the science behind how and why crystals work. We have students in 49 countries with over 2200 graduates from our online academy. With a robust curriculum and programs that dive deep into the science behind the healing powers of crystals, we support and engage with our large community across various market channels, continually growing to provide an inclusive, fun, and knowledgeable platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In the first 30-days, you’ll:
- Proofread, edit, link check, and format all content including blog posts, emails, and social material across various digital channels
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Pull weekly and monthly metrics using GA, Active Campaign, and social listening tools
- Regularly check the CEOs inbox and put together reports with needs and suggested next steps
- Administrative duties such as reporting, scheduling, meeting organization, and research
In the first 60-days, you’ll:
- Post on social media accounts, ensuring there are no grammatical or spelling errors
- Act as the point of contact for Hibiscus Moon: gatekeeping, screening, managing her calendar, emails, and timely follow up
- Assist team by maintaining content and social schedules, helping to ensure cohesiveness across channels with no overlap, and ensuring content gets published on time
In the first 90-days, you’ll:
- Suggest content updates that adhere to SEO best practices for increased visibility on search engines
- Conduct keyword and hashtag research for search engine and social optimization
- Maintain SOPs related to content marketing and social media
- Purchase gifts for team members, students, and others
- Research and compare services when needed (emails and phone calls)
- Stay up to date and suggest social media best practices that would increase engagement and/or work towards our specific marketing goals
Who You’ll Be Working With:
- You will report to our Content Manager
- You will be working closely with our Social Media Manager
- You will assist our CEO with administrative tasks
What We Expect From You:
- All published content is error-proof
- Content is published on time and in accordance with the content, social, and business plan
- All tasks are completed on or before deadlines
- Your SOPs are always up-to-date and used regularly
- Actions are always outcome-focused, proactively taking initiative and making things happen
We’d Love You To Apply If You Are/Have:
- A desire to work with a business entirely focused on crystal therapy
- At least 1 full year of experience working with online businesses/virtual teams and are comfortable working from home on your own
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal/Virtual Assistant or similar role
- Highly organized and extremely detail-oriented, always following through
- Familiarity with current technologies and analytics tools (Google Suite, Google Analytics, Canva, Zoom, Slack, Project Management Software, CRMs, WordPress)
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices
- A critical thinker and are comfortable evaluating options and presenting the best path available
- An excellent and consistent communicator with strong computer skills who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks
- Experience within similar industries strongly preferred
- A self-starter with excellent time management skills who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
- Flexible (and comfortable) in a fast-paced small biz virtual work environment
- Paying attention: Please be sure to include ‘CEA21’ in the subject of your email
- Self-motivated and easily adaptable to changing work priorities
- Ability to handle confidential materials with the utmost discretion, integrity, and diplomacy
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees at all levels, including C-Suite
- Experience with TeamWork or other project management software preferred but not required
- Availability to work up to 60 hours/month with flexibility to work more when needed
- English as your first language and live and work from either US or Canada
- Have a strong internet connection and a reliable computer
- A believer in the pursuit of excellence. Not just crossing things off your list, but rising to the occasion, be proactive and figure out how to make something great
This position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Why Work With Us?
- Work with authentic, caring, and supportive people that are results-driven
- Flexible hours and no dress code – work from wherever you want!
- Be part of a successful company that values both business and people
- Be part of a business that helps people use the subtle energies of the universe to manifest the life of their dreams
Application deadline: February 15, 2021
- We’ll be reviewing applications as they come in so encourage you to apply early
This is an independent contractor role but with the view to create a long-term working relationship (based on performance & fit) and interest in having the potential to increase hours as business needs grow.
You’ll need to be regularly available across 4-5 days a week with a total of 60 hours per month and the flexibility to work additional hours during peak times of the year. Actual working hours are flexible and you can set your own schedule (so long as you deliver on your commitments).
We are aiming for a start date as soon as possible.
Ready To Apply?
- Email your resume and a video (2-minutes max) to [email protected]
- Answer the following questions in your video:
- Briefly explain your content or digital marketing experience and whether you have experience working with online businesses in a remote setting.
- Give an example of when your organizational and detail-oriented skills saved the day.
- What experience do you have supporting executives? Please elaborate on what your responsibilities were.
- In the body of the email:
- Include your hourly rate
- Advise if you’re comfortable working with a business that is entirely focused on crystal therapy
- Reference the specific code in the subject of your email
Please note: we will not be reviewing/considering incomplete applications or applications that are submitted in any other form than via this direct email.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will not be able to respond individually to all applicants – only to those who are short-listed. We appreciate your interest and look forward to reviewing your application!