Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in the eastern Americas (UTC-3 to -5). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for someone to join our growing Customer Support team! Obsessing over our users is one of the key Hotjar values, so you’ll help us continue to deliver outstanding support.
Reporting to a Customer Support Lead, you’ll take care of hundreds of Hotjar users every week to ensure they get the reactive support they need to be successful using our product. You’ll also work on projects to evolve our customer experience, reporting back insights to our Product teams and keep our documentation updated as the tool evolves.
You’ll be an enthusiastic problem solver, keen to keep going until the issue is solved. Your customer empathy will come through in your writing style and great tone of voice. You’ll be comfortable adapting quickly and openly to changes, and keen to always learn and apply these insights to your work – with failures an inevitable part of your experiments.
We invest a lot in developing our support team, so this is a great opportunity for someone who loves helping people, and is looking to further their career in a customer-facing role.
- Work with our customers through Zendesk
- Communicate crucial company updates through multiple channels (i.e., in-app messages, emails, blog posts, etc.)
- Help create knowledge base content – this includes writing and updating existing articles, and create visual content
- Help create internal processes that directly impact engagement and improve our response times
- Create reports for the product team that highlight customer feedback / sentiment
- Collaborate with a cross-departmental team to plan and execute projects
- Collaborate with other departments including Product, Legal, Marketing and Customer Success
- You have great tone of voice and ability to explain concepts clearly
- Experience in a customer-facing role or a troubleshooting environment
- Because of the technical nature of our product, you understand how websites work. This includes being able to troubleshoot HTML and CSS issues in web browser-based developer tools
- Natural at problem-solving – with a huge range of customers using a complex product, it’s a crucial part of the job
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team
- A chance to positively enhance people’s experience online and make the web a better place
- In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
The compensation range for this role is $46,000 to $64,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.