Headquarters: San Francisco
The next piece of our growth puzzle relies on how we engage with and market Hugo to the community. This position is our first community role and joins our high performing growth team. You will represent us on social media and in digital communities to ensure Hugo is involved in every relevant conversation, is a source of meeting best practices, and has a brand built on top of our product that contributes a meaningful proportion of user acquisition each month.
What we’d like you to do
You’ll be responsible for executing on our community-focused marketing channels, with a big focus on distribution. We’ll work with you on the details, but expect your key focuses to be:
- Take responsibility for Hugo’s digital social presence to monitor, join and contribute to relevant topics, trends, and conversations on behalf of founders and the brand, so we’re seen as active thought leaders in our space as we develop an audience.
- Own our social content calendar and create, adapt, and share Hugo content that strengthens our brand and provides a funnel to user sign up.
- Develop relationships with relevant influencers and thought leaders so they share our content, talk about Hugo and support us with audience building and user acquisition
- Work with product and customer success to leverage our passionate Hugo customers to become advocates to their networks and audiences. For example, creating and sharing user spotlight posts, quotes and testimonials, helping distribute case studies, and encouraging social sharing by our users.
- Work on distribution strategies for user-generated templates and meeting content as an additional source of awareness for Hugo via our customers.
- Manage Hugo’s presence on review sites (G2, Capterra, etc.) and ensure a regular flow of reviews and evangelism to contribute to new customer acquisition.
- Work with co-founders to pitch and promote guest posts, shared social campaigns, and other joint marketing efforts with our partners (including Atlassian, Loom, Slack, Zapier, and others).
- Identify and execute distribution strategies for joint webinars, online events, and co-produced content
What you will accomplish
In your first 30 days, you will make some quick wins, including:
- Agree on social strategy, channels to focus on, and brand positioning
- Build out our social content calendar, develop a backlog of content and material, and create your process for a regular cadence of high-quality social content.
- Identify themes and narratives that we should be contributing to, and establish monitoring tools and processes so you’re spending considerable time every day contributing to and driving conversation.
- Start collecting content and stories from our customers.
In your first 90 days, you will be more deeply focused on execution and iteration, including:
- Building and maintaining a well-oiled social machine, with Hugo a part of key topics and discussions, generating content daily and early signs of a stronger brand and top of funnel metric improvements.
- Be pitching and cultivating influence and opinion leader relationships, with some Hugo-oriented posts already underway.
- Have an early customer advocacy strategy operating, generating customer advocacy content, reviews, and in turn new users.
What you bring to Hugo
- 3+ years of experience managing social media, including scheduling, content creation, and strategy. Have some significant wins to share with your work here.
- Expert level skills across Twitter, LinkedIn, and at least one other platform.
- Tech-savviness – you’re a pro with social media management tools, basic design tools, and of course Google Suite, Slack, CMS’, Asana etc.
- Experience working in a B2B growth or marketing team, ideally working with a self-serve software product.
- Exceptional story-telling skills, able to engage an audience with high quality, well-thought-out content.
- A solid understanding of marketing fundamentals, funnels, and converting users.
- Confidence, passion, and energy to captivate audiences, whether that be thought leaders, partners, customers, or an industry with our story and the opportunity.
Why you should work with us
We’re a passionate group with diverse backgrounds, headquartered in San Francisco, based all over the world, and who have built a product to solve a problem we experienced ourselves. We don’t take ourselves too seriously but pride ourselves on being direct, uber-collaborative and an idea meritocracy – the best idea always wins, whoever it comes from.
We want you to be a part of the early team and be able to feel pride in a few years to see the machine that you helped build, powering millions of businesses all over the world.
Oh, and benefits matter too. You’ll get a shiny new Macbook Pro and accessories, fully-paid medical, dental and vision, life insurance, unlimited PTO and a work-from-home allowance. That, and a competitive salary and generous stock options to share in the upside of what we create together.
How do I apply?
Send us a quick video (Loom is fine) telling us your story. What you’ve been doing, what excited you about Hugo, and how you would approach the role. Remember to attach your resume.