What are my videos about?
I produce transformative leadership & wellbeing content which is entertaining, educational and practical. From topics like mental health, anxiety, leadership, break ups, grief etc – anything that helps an individual to live a life of critical thinking and positive development towards greater impact.
Why do I make them?
Accessing high quality personal development & leadership content is often expensive, or not really backed up by reputable sources & scientific consensus. I’m aiming to dispel common myths, and share these ideas in a simple and clear way so that anyone, anywhere, can access these ideas for free.
Here’s my most recent short. I’m looking for someone as good, and better than this level of production! You might notice it follows a very similar pattern – loads of shorts look like this – and for good reason, as they hold retention really well. But I want to find someone who understands the principles behind audience retention so we can create our own unique look & innovative formula for videos.
This is your chance to be part of something truly impactful that changes people’s lives for the better.
To succeed in this role:
- You understand both Premiere Pro and After Effects and have a strong motion graphics and design background (not just simple editing)
- You have edited videos for YouTube successfully and you can get high retention on these videos. You know what things like “session time” “avg view duration” etc mean
- You appreciate nuanced sound design and selecting the best music gives you a silly amount of satisfaction
- You don’t need to be given the same feedback multiple times, you pay attention to revision rounds so that everybody’s time is respected (including yours)
- You are adept at creating custom after-effects animations that bring ideas to life on screen
- You’re an excellent communicator who clarifies instructions and deadlines proactively so that your team can succeed.
- You’re results-oriented and care about integrating feedback to improving your craft with each video
- You think ahead as a team player – I don’t need to tell/ask/share ideas with you. You actually give an F about this mission and you will do what it takes to help make videos incredible
- You understand videos aren’t about fancy tricks and effects, but about storytelling and building suspense/anticipation
How to Apply for this Role:
- If you’re interested, submit your application via the google form below, I will review your portfolio and reach out to you via email. The secret code word is samosa
- I’ll assign a trial assignment (very short <60-second video) that is similar to the one above, to evaluate your editing, animation, and communication skills
- If you meet the editing style I’m looking for, I will extend our offer and start giving you your first projects. I already have 10-20 videos ready and waiting to be edited.
Click here to start your application: https://forms.gle/XQWYMoa39hkn4Aqu7
Got more questions? Drop me an email at: email@example.com