Headquarters: Greater Philadelphia, PA
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on unique technology solutions for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals around the globe.
We’re seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to be the next member of our growing 50-person team.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, so your geographic location doesn’t matter as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8 am – 5 pm ET). Work hours are flexible.
You will join the Instinct team as our DevOps Engineer, working to build out scalable cloud infrastructure to support our growing product. Your expertise in modern cloud infrastructure best practices and tooling will be critical to the continued growth and stability of Instinct.
The ideal candidate has a great deal of knowledge and experience with scalable infrastructure implementation, has excellent communication and collaboration skills, is organized and detail- oriented, and is comfortable digging into unknowns and seeking out answers efficiently.
Day-to-day work will consist of the following:
- Overseeing AWS for the Instinct Organization
- Researching, planning, and implementing various development, testing, and automation tools and IT infrastructure
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Monitoring and measuring customer experiences
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Managing periodic reporting on progress to management and the customer
- Collaborating with the Engineering and Production Support teams to improve application performance and platform stability
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
- At least 4 years of experience building and supporting cloud infrastructure at scale
- Experience with treating infrastructure as code
- Deep knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure Architecture strategies
- A high bar for quality with belief in constant reevaluation of systems and continuous improvements
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with experience resolving problems efficiently
- Experience working closely with remote development teams
- Ability to think through challenges and develop elegant solutions
- Excitement for building critical infrastructure
- AWS Certifications
- Previous experience as a remote DevOps Engineer
- Previous work in the health care, medical records, veterinary, or enterprise industries
Technology Used at Instinct
- Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe (GraphQL)
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Cypress, Jest, React Testing Library
- Papertrail, Sentry, Prometheus, Grafana
- Github, Jira, Slack
A Sneak Peek at Team Instinct
- The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
- Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, professional, and fun work environment that values balance. As a fully distributed team, we seek teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
- We’re guided by one thing: helping veterinary hospital teams excel. To that end, your work contributions will greatly shape workflows, staff happiness, and patient care for some of the most advanced veterinary centers on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights
- We offer a supportive, innovative, caring work environment.
- We pay our team well (flexible based on experience).
- We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off.
- We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K.
- We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend.
- We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our retreats.
Learn More About Us
Corporate website: instinct.vet
Our blog Pick the Brain, where you’ll find articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software: pickthebrain.instinct.vet