Headquarters: Atlanta, GA 30305, United States
The primary focus of the Systems Engineer is building, maintaining, and monitoring a virtual infrastructure using automation as much as possible to achieve these goals. They should also ensure that the infrastructure is secure, fault-tolerant, well documented, and backed-up properly. A successful candidate will have a strong focus on automation and avoid manually repeating tasks.
The ideal candidate is a self motivated person who can work independently with little supervision and can be responsible for their tasks from start to finish, they can communicate clearly with the team and actively seek help to accomplish their goals. They are comfortable taking decisions within their areas of responsibility.
Attention to detail is a very important part of the job, when submitting your resume write the phrase “details matter” on the top.
- Applications written in ruby on rails and node, using postgresql and mongodb for storage, redis, memcached, elasticsearch, websockets, etc
- CI/CD stack based on Spinnaker and Jenkins
- Infrastructure as code with terraform + ansible
- Multiple cloud providers AWS + Google Cloud
- Design and implement secure, scalable, and reliable infrastructure
- Automate processes and workflows to reduce the workload and ship products faster
- Create and manage technical infrastructure documentation and training documents for departmental use
- Work with software engineers to ensure application updates fit with the infrastructure and modify the it as needed
- Monitor virtual infrastructure and be part of a 24×7 on-call rotation to respond to alerts.
- Ensure various backups are in place so we’re able to recover from disasters.
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator.
- Must have proven abilities to build out and manage an automated scalable production environment
- Experience in developing solutions using server automation tools such as Ansible.
- Experience with Cloud computing Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud
- Experience with source code management tools such as Git
- Experience programming writing scripts (bash, ruby, python, etc)
- Familiar with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability
- A sense of comfort working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Can communicate clearly and seek help and support proactively
- Takes ownership of tasks and leads them to completion
Bonus skills (not required)
- Software development experience
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails stack
- Technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field