Please note that we are only recruiting within the UTC-1 to UTC+3 timezones (West+Eastern Europe)
IVPN is a VPN service built for helping customers protect their privacy and resist online surveillance. We have been around since 2009 and became known as one of the most transparent, ethical and trustworthy providers.
We are seeking a system administrator to help us maintain and expand our large fleet of bare metal servers. In this role, you will use your knowledge of system and network administration to build reliable, secure and scalable infrastructure for our VPN service. You should have expertise in Linux server administration, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a pragmatic problem-solver.
What you can expect when working with us?
- Fully remote setting with a high degree of independence.
- Maximum freedom, minimum meetings
- if your ideal workplace offers regular meetups and busy casual chat channels, IVPN is probably not a good fit for you;
- on the other hand, if you value autonomy and focused work, you will appreciate our culture.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days of vacation per year (+1 bonus for each year at the company).
- Hardware of your choice to do your job.
- Remotely install leased bare-metal servers using automated build tools and scripts.
- Ensure high availability of our large network of servers. Diagnose and resolve hardware, OS and network issues.
- Plan, design and implement the necessary controls to ensure the security of all servers.
- Interface with ISP’s to resolve upstream issues and procure new servers.
- Provide tier 2/3 support to customer support team for issues relating to infrastructure.
- Collaborating with backend engineers and application developers to define and implement requirements relating to customer VPN.
- Experience working in a Linux environment (minimum 2 years)
- Experience working with a configuration management tool e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Salt.
- Experience with python or other scripting languages
- Experience with shell scripting
- Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, SSL/TLS and other related Internet protocols
- Able to work independently and manage your own projects