Headquarters: Ann Arbor, MI
The Modern Firm is hiring a Marketing Assistant to help our small law firm (1-5 attorneys) clients with their local, organic, and paid search campaigns, as well as assist our team in their daily efforts.
In this role, you will assist our marketing team in ensuring that our department is running smoothly and client requests are being handled quickly. It will be your responsibility to organize our client CRM, handle special projects from the members of the team, organize meetings, and more.
As we continue to expand, we hope for the person in this role to grow over the next few years into a member of our client-facing Online Marketing Managers, who handle full marketing programs for our fantastic clients. This job is perfect for a highly organized individual who is looking for a long-term marketing career with a friendly company.
The Modern Firm, LLC is a branding, website design, and online marketing agency for solo and small firm attorneys throughout the US. In business for nearly 20 years, we have worked with 1000+ law firms covering nearly every state and have a dedicated team of 14 remote employees and another 10+ regular contractors. We’re headquartered out of Ann Arbor, MI but our team, while mostly in the Midwest, is from coast (North Carolina) to coast (Washington State). You can meet them here.
About Our Clients
We work with small law firms throughout the United States. The majority of our clients are solo to five-attorney firms. We go to great lengths to screen new clients and ensure that their needs and expectations are an overall good fit for our services and approach. Most of our clients are successful and established in their practice and are looking for a website to validate, enhance, and further grow their firm. They are also typically overwhelmed with both being a lawyer and running a law firm. This is where we come in. When we are at our best we are essentially serving as their outsourced web and online marketing department, taking nearly everything related to their online presence off of their plate and onto ours. When we’re successful we are helping our clients get more fulfillment out of running their practice by enabling them to do more of the work they enjoy with clients that they love.
About Our Websites
The sites we create are custom-built in WordPress using a framework we’ve specially developed for law firms. They are straightforward, fast, and easy to navigate. They tell the firm’s story and give a feel for the attorney’s personality. In addition to validating and legitimizing the law firm to prospective clients, our websites serve as a primary marketing tool. When combined with our online marketing services the websites bring in a steady flow of prospective business. You can see examples here and on our portfolio.
About The Role
As the Marketing Assistant, you will be the administrative organizing force behind our marketing team.
Our team includes:
- The Director of Marketing, to whom you will report directly.
- Online Marketing Managers, who handle the bulk of the marketing efforts for our clients and help them understand how to grow their business.
- A Content Manager who oversees our blogging efforts.
Discrete tasks that you’ll manage as a part of this job include:
- Handling email and phone inquiries from our clients.
- Building newsletters in our email automation software.
- Managing a client’s notes and tasks in our project management tool.
- Setting up new clients in Google’s business platform, AdWords, Location aggregators, and more.
- Reviewing AdWords accounts for accuracy, search terms, and bidding success.
- Documenting our marketing processes.
- Keeping an open line of communication between all departments.
- Miscellaneous projects at the request of the marketing team.
In a typical day, you’ll likely jump between several clients and tasks, meaning that diligence and organization are key to being successful in this role. In a typical day you might:
- Review a client’s AdWords account for new opportunities by reviewing search terms and Google recommendations.
- Update a client’s homepage image after an incoming email request.
- When we launch a new website, set up the client in Google My Business after confirming their information and business hours.
- Research a new marketing strategy for our marketing members to implement with their clients.
Much of the work on our client sites is proactive and self-directed. We want our clients to know that we’re on top of things, thinking about their needs and regularly strategizing on ways to improve. We keep our teams intentionally small so we can offer the best service to our clients, but you will be handling tasks both from clients and our marketing team and need to be diligent in keeping everything organized as you manage a wide variety of tasks.
- Previous experience in a client-facing role.
- Experience working with lawyers and the legal industry.
- Experience interacting with clients directly.
- Able to express yourself clearly through writing and phone calls.
- Ability to structure and document processes.
- Experience working remotely.
- Love to plan and research new tactics to share with our team.
- Experience with a high-level CRM such as Zoho, Salesforce, etc.
Pay, Benefits and Details:
- $40-50,000 a year salary.
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance (we cover 70%).
- Performance bonuses.
- 100% remote but must have significant overlap with 9am-5pm EST workday.
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with 2% match.
- Unlimited PTO. 2 week minimum.
- Growth into an online marketing career.
Please send a cover letter describing your fit for this position, résumé and three references to [email protected] We look forward to meeting you.