Headquarters: 100% Remote
Dear customer support specialist who cares about doing meaningful work,
First, a quick introduction.
Above all else, what motivates us at KYT is making progress toward our vision: A world where bad bosses are the exception, not the norm. Imagine a world where leadership doesn’t have such a high learning curve. A world where anyone, anywhere, can become a better leader – with a little help from us 🙂
For our own company, our vision is for KYT to be an independent, remote, profitable company that’s small in headcount but impacting tens of thousands (if not hundreds or even millions!) of managers, for 10 years and beyond. We want KYT to be a place where people come to do the best work of their lives – and continue to do the best work of their lives. Sustainability and lasting in the long-term are key parts of success, for us.
So what’s the job?
High-level, here’s how you can expect to spend your time in a given week:
- 60% – Responding to support inquiries, Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM PT.
- 20% – Proactively reaching out to customers to give tips + best practices so they are successful managers with KYT.
- 10% – Improving our support documentation + brainstorming/executing ways to improve our overall KYT customer experience.
- 10% – Working on cross-functional projects that align with your skills/interests that move KYT forward and improve the overall KYT customer experience.
Together, we’d grow Know Your Team to be a solution that improves the lives of hundreds of thousands (if not millions!) of managers every day.
Who I am looking for exactly
You’re empathetic (perhaps to a fault, at times!). Your day is made when you can make another person smile – be the Amazon delivery guy at your doorstep or your kid’s school teacher via Zoom. Even when the world feels like it’s falling apart (or indeed, as we saw in 2019, when it did…!), you maintain a cheery orientation and choose to see the good in people. In previous work environments, co-workers likely have marveled and how upbeat and calm you remain when others around you feel downtrodden and overwhelmed.
I’d love to hear from you. Here’s how you can apply:
- Please introduce yourself to us as a potential fellow KYT team member. What’s your story? 🙂 Writing is one of the top skills we prioritize as a company. Feel free to take your time, as we won’t begin reviewing applications until April 2nd. Do take license to be creative, and include answers to these questions…
- Why KYT? Why not work somewhere else?
- Why customer support? What is it that you love about this industry?
- What’s a memorable customer support interaction you had recently that stood out to you as positive? What made it so?
- Could you describe a time where you had to teach yourself a new skill in order to accomplish a job or project?
- What’s your favorite spot (e.g., park, coffeeshop, etc.) to visit nearby? How do you get there from where you live?
- Could you then please answer the following questions, as if you were already a KYT Customer Support Specialist (and please feel free to sign for a free trial of the product, if it helps!):
- “How does your 1:1 Tool work?”
- “Our company got acquired a few months ago and so I’m no longer using the tool. Can I get a refund?”
- “It looks like there’s a bug with your billing system! Our card got charged twice… Please advise.”
- “I’m trying to use a private channel with your Slack integration, but they are not showing up in the dropdown? Can you help?”
- We’re seeking fluent English speakers/writers to answer customer support requests via email Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm PT. Please include your location, and if you’d be able to fully cover those working hours. While we are a 100% remote company, we do prefer that your daytime hours overlap with Pacific Time working hours, as so to avoid any nighttime burnout.
We highly value diversity, and encourage people with non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Even if you’ve never held a “Customer Support” job in the typical sense, if you believe you can make a positive contribution to KYT, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a unique opportunity to influence a company’s customer experience from the first floor and up, and to help solve a significant problem. If you’re the right person for it, I’d be honored if we got to tackle it together.
CEO of Know Your Team