This position can be located remotely or at an Amazon office within the contiguous United States.
Expected travel 30 -40% once travel resumes.
Are you an experienced cybersecurity team leader? Do you have broad and deep knowledge of cloud computing and related IT technologies, especially as it relates to security and compliance? Do you have solid experience understanding and influencing security-related technology decisions made by public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, non-profit entities, and non-governmental organizations)? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve greater successes and enhanced security by using cloud technology as part of a broader IT modernization effort?
Amazon Web Services, the world’s leading provider of cloud computing services, seeks an experienced IT security leader (ideally with experience in the public sector or a regulated industry) to help Public Sector customers in the Americas, achieve measurably better cybersecurity than they can with their on-premises IT environments. This role works side by side with World Wide Public Sector sales leaders, Solutions Architect managers, and professional services practice managers. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering on a strategy to help educate public sector market segments, customers, and regulators about how the AWS cloud can improve their security posture from their current on-premises implementation. As part of that effort, you will bring data and persuasive abilities to bear to help lay to rest any concerns about cloud security.
You’ll work closely with security marketing managers and public relations managers to develop and deliver higher level messages. This role will also assist with account-level sales to help with specific customer engagements. You will function primarily at the crucial middle level between marketing and sales to influence public sector markets broadly across the globe. You will have a special emphasis on public sector customers in the Americas, but you will also work closely with colleagues in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and in the Asia-Pacific region. Together with those colleagues, and supported by your own set of technologically deep, security-focused Solutions Architects within the WWPS team, you will help create and track goals, metrics, and reporting as you develop and execute a global strategy, with local customization as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Working with WWPS leaders, develop a strategy to influence and measurably impact public sector customers’ perception and experience around AWS’s world-class cloud security and compliance capabilities; and then deliver on that strategy.
· The strategy will include, but not be limited to, improved security marketing and messaging (working closely with the AWS Security and AWS Marketing teams); evangelism, content development and delivery, and participating in industry events; specific security-related strategic customer engagements in a sales overlay model; and efforts to improve security and compliance models and regimes in different countries and public sector submarkets (working closely with the AWS Security Assurance team).
· Develop, elucidate, and bring back to the AWS engineering and security teams customer feedback and requirements to help AWS continually improve its capabilities, features, and delivery models.
· In sum, work closely with global WWPS account teams, marketing, sales and technical leadership to drive adoption of AWS cloud and service solutions into top public sector accounts by focusing on security and compliance, educating, influencing, knocking down barriers, and changing market perceptions to a significant degree.
· 10+ years’ information security management, product management, business development, program or project management, and/or operations experience in and around information technologies, with a special emphasis on knowledge and experience related to information security and compliance.
· 5+ years direct experience with IT security, defense in depth, compliance frameworks, cloud computing, service-oriented architectures, distributed systems, modern application architectures, and the like.
· 3+ years’ experience guiding customers and internal stakeholders around business and technical strategies in the security area, and to translate from business requirements to technical solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges; strong analytical and excellent communications skills, verbal/presentation skills, writing skills, and attention to detail.
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in relevant business, computer science, and/or engineering disciplines.
· Rich experience with IT security, both technical and operational, as well as experience with compliance regimes and standards relevant to countries in the Americas, as well as commercial regimes such as PCI DSS, or equivalents.
· Proven hiring, team building, and management skills, including hiring, developing, and promoting the best, with full management control over organizations of five or more technical and/or business professionals.
· Masters’ degree in relevant business disciplines.
· Passion for innovation, be comfortable defining a way forward in the face of ambiguity, have the ability to scale and influence broadly, and as well as the ability to dive deep.
· Enjoy working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment; outstanding interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills and experience.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s Leadership Principles for this role.
· Meets/exceed Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.