Headquarters: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to improve the world’s farmland and address climate change. We are developing microbial technology to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and build carbon in agricultural soils. We help farming businesses prosper by boosting yield and soil health and enabling access to carbon markets.
As a start-up with ambitious founders and investors, our work is fast-paced and multidimensional. We foster a supportive and diverse workplace, where every team member is encouraged to learn and grow beyond their area of expertise. Founded in New South Wales, Australia, we have offices across The United States, Canada and Australia.
While everyone at Loam is working in different roles, we all have one job: to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and store it stably in farmer’s soils.
About the Role
At Loam, we have huge climate change ambitions, and your role will see you helping us continue to shape what is already a compelling story, driving global awareness of both our technology and the amazing potential microbes have to address the climate crisis. As Loam’s Corporate Affairs Manager, you will become the “go-to” for Loam’s internal content development and support the team to tell not only Loam’s story but their own professional stories. You will also be working closely with the full scope of our team, from our microbiologists and soil scientists to our commercial team and executive board.
In summary, this role is integral to communicating the impact that Loam will have on agriculture and climate change, and positioning the agricultural industry and farmers as leaders in climate action.
This role is 100% remote and can be based anywhere in the United States of America. You must have full working rights in the United States States of America to be eligible to apply.
- Develop and distribute high-quality digital content across our website and social media channels
- Develop and execute a digital engagement plan to support our brand recognition across a global market
- Development of Loam’s corporate copy for website and publications
- Supporting the Communications and Sales & Extensions team to develop content to engage Loam’s stakeholders, including the science, technology, and agricultural industries
- Liaising with external content developers and service providers, including photographers, videographers, graphic designers, website developers and writers
- Collaborating with your fellow Loamies to develop meaningful content (written, visual, and/or video) that informs and engages our key audiences
- Media monitoring across traditional and digital channels
- Monitoring and reporting on all Loam’s external facing channels to understand engagement and interaction trends across different communities and global audiences
- Developing writing and interviewing skills to be able to share farmer, researcher, and other stakeholder stories.
- Supporting internal teams with communications related activities to ensure the Loam brand and messaging is consistent across documents, presentations, collateral and other channels.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
This role is suited for an individual who is earlier in their Communications career but has ambitions to be a leader in agricultural and scientific storytelling, brand development, and creating global impact through innovation and agriculture. You will be passionate about developing your storytelling skills, with an eagerness to learn new communications, engagement, brand and marketing skills.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications/ Marketing/ PR or relevant work experience
- A sound understanding of agricultural science, with experience in agriculture or science industries a preference
- A startup mindset, with a willingness to do things differently to create impact at scale
- High level of comfort with digital tools and platforms
- A strong sense of creativity, demonstrated through your ability to craft and share interesting, valuable content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to have a significant impact and grow with a ag-tech startup organisation
- Competitive package on offer, including base salary and participation in the Employee Share Option Package (ESOP) after 6 months of employment
- Paid time off, 401K with company match, short-term/long-term life insurance
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/loam-bio-corporate-affairs-manager