Headquarters: Edmonton, Alberta
Short Form Video Editor for Merchant Mastery
PLEASE READ THIS PAGE THOROUGHLY AND YOU CAN FIND THE EDITING APPLICATION FORM AT THE BOTTOM. I want someone who has attention to detail so I’ve hidden a secret “code word” in here. You’ll be asked to share it in the application.
About Merchant Mastery:
Merchant Mastery is the leading mentorship program in sales and marketing for Shopify stores. Our team of experts have helped over 1000 independent store owners compete and scale in the online-marketplace.
The goal of our content is to provide as much value as possible through sharing proven tactics and strategies for online store owners, business knowledge, and merchant experiences.
Our Current Goal:
We want to reach 10k subscribers by 2024. We’ll do this by:
- Releasing 1 high quality short every single day
- Releasing 2 high quality long form videos every month
Here’s a recent short. You need to be as good, and better than this level of production!
- Contract editor with an experienced editing and motion graphics background (premiere + after effects preferred)
- Availability for between 15-30 edits a month
- Desired editing style, similar to this
- Improvements are welcome to style, pace, editing quality, etc
WHO YOU ARE:
- You understand both Premiere Pro and After Effects and have a strong motion graphics and design background (not just simple editing)
- You appreciate nuanced sound design and selecting the best music gives you a silly amount of satisfaction
- You don’t need to be given the same feedback multiple times, you pay attention to revision rounds so that everybody’s time is respected (including yours)
- You are adept at creating custom after-effects animations that bring ideas to life on screen
- You’re an excellent communicator who clarifies instructions and deadlines proactively so that your team can succeed.
- You’re results-oriented and care about integrating feedback to improving your craft with each video
- I’m searching for experienced video editors with motion graphics background. Pay starts on a per video basis but after a trial period, I offer competitive full time rates up after tenure (full time team members also receive paid vacation days and performance based bonuses)
- Videos are shipped in batches and usually take 3-5 days to complete so you’ll have consistent work at one project each week!
HOW DO I APPLY? WHAT’S NEXT?
- To apply, please submit your application via the application, I will review your portfolio and reach out to you via email. The secret code word is mastery
- I’ll assign a trial assignment (very short <60-second video) that is similar to the one above, to evaluate your editing, animation, and communication skills
- If you meet the editing style I’m looking for, I will extend our offer and start giving you your first projects. I already have videos ready to be edited!
- Any questions? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org