Headquarters: Weston, Connecticut
- ️ Flexible PTO
- Flexible Hours
- $350 Referral Bonus
- 3 Years of Experience
- ⚕️ Company-Paid Healthcare
- Anywhere in the United States
- 401k with 6% Company Match
*Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
MSPCFO is a remote-first growing company, with employees working to build a helpful business intelligence platform for managed service provides (MSPs). Our mission is to allow small businesses to drive their bottom line by identifying both the issues they may have and the root causes of those issues. We have been doing this for over five years for hundreds of companies.
Understanding how we can help our customers is at the heart of what drives us as a company. While we are not consultants, we do want to help them understand how to find opportunities for profitability growth. We are in the process of rolling out a “done with you” service model in conjunction with the software.
As the Director of Customer Success, you’ll lead MSPCFO in building out our Post-Sales Customer Success playbook from the ground up. You’ll grow a small team focused on proactively helping our customers from onboarding to success. This role is for you if you are data-driven and customer-centric, and you’ve always wanted the chance to grow your own team and set your own strategic vision at a company that shares your values. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company, believes in the importance of quality support, and is eager to contribute to the success of our customers. The support team is currently filled by members of senior management. We would like to transition this to a team of success managers.
*This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives on working autonomously and doesn’t need oversight to get things done.
We are flexible with regard to both location and hours. Our team members all have active lives outside of the company and we try to accommodate everyone’s schedule.
About the Role
- You will create documentation around the customer success function that will allow you to add team members with a minimum onboarding time.
- You will lead and grow the Post-Sales Customer Success function by setting strategy and prioritizing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- You’ll become an MSPCFO product expert so you can understand how to be most helpful.
- In your first 3 months, you will transition to player-coach. We anticipate that you will continue to maintain a very small portfolio of clients overtime to stay connected to the community.
- In the next 12 months, you’ll hire, train, and develop a team of 2-4 customer-centric product experts.
- You’ll focus on the scalability of customer success tools by identifying repeated customer issues and working to build solutions that can be re-used.
- You’ll make data-driven strategic decisions, and have a deep understanding of MSPCFO customer metrics and how your team impacts them.
- You’ll interact with both product and sales teams to identify opportunities to enhance our product offering and best communicate our value proposition in marketing and sales content.
- You will work to continuously improve our internal documentation and knowledge base based on customer interactions.
- Flexible PTO
- Company-paid healthcare
- 401k with 6% company match
- You are a compassionate, humble, and curious leader who loves solving problems and experimenting with new solutions.
- You have some experience developing an effective Post-Sales Customer Success strategy for SMB customers.
- You have experience aligning with executive leadership around definitions and goals for churn, retention, product adoption.
- You have held the customer success role for a minimum of 3 years.
- You are confident in setting clear, measurable metrics goals for your team, as well as determining how you measure your team’s success.
- You diligently engage and reflect on feedback and failure because you know there is always something to learn from and get better in.
- You are data-driven and love figuring out how proactive customer help can impact user retention, product adoption, and churn.
- You believe in doing right by the customer – a successful customer is one making the best use of the product they’re paying for.
- You have experience building and managing a small team of Customer Success professionals.
- You’re patient, an active listener, and an incredible communicator.
- You enthusiastically leverage web tools to drive efficiencies
- You believe that customer success is about improving customer experience by keeping the voice of customers front and center.