Headquarters: London – Dubai – Johannesburg
You will work closely with our product owners, application engineers, and security team to identify work that improves the stability, security, and self-service nature of our infrastructure, driving those ideas and projects from inception to completion.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Position, architect and support the implementation of AWS, Azure and OCI cloud-based solutions.
- Design, build and migrate applications, software, and services on the AWS, Azure and OCI platform.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to clients.
- Provide hands-on subject matter expertise and ensure that the tooling to deploy and manage our infrastructure is automated, secure, and easy for our developers to use.
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of new technologies and development of new services.
- Support the core infrastructure for our existing test and production environments and participating in a 24×7 on-call rotation to assist other engineers in quickly debugging and resolving production-related issues.
- Identify and collect metrics that allow the product development team to pinpoint areas for improvement and measure change.
- Have 6+ years of experience in cloud engineer
- Experience with public cloud (Azure/AWS/GCP) services and infrastructure.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience in Automating Infrastructure deployment using IaaC tools such as terraform, Cloud formation, ARM templates
- Hands on experience on DevOps Tools preferable on gitlab or any other tools such as github, jenkins etc
- Container image management experience using Docker
- Experience in source control management with git
- Scripting experience such as bash, shell, powershell, python etc should be required
- Be passionate about identifying constraints or bottlenecks in engineering lifecycles and automating them.
- Be accomplished with leveraging AWS & Azure Software Development Kit (SDK) with a grounded understanding of cloud services and best practices
- Manage and maintain system performance, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
- Research, analyse, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for Paymentology’s business and technology strategies.
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward promptly.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact and be involved with client negotiations and interfacing with management.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Be passionate about learning new things and solving problems.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- An eye for security – demonstrated understanding of how to operate pipelines at scale while maintaining the security and integrity of sensitive data.
- Experience deploying computational workloads on Kubernetes or other workload managers.