Position: Physician Assistant
Location: Queens, NY
Who We Are:
At Heal, we believe improving health outcomes starts by meeting patients where they’re most comfortable: at home. Thatâs why we provide value-based, in-home primary care to seniors on Medicare and select Medicare Advantage plans. By connecting our compassionate, patient-focused clinical teams with proprietary, tech-enabled solutions, Healâ is transformâingâ the way seniors access healthcare. Our award-winning doctor house call, telemedicine, and remote monitoring solutions serve patients across 8 states including Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, New Orleans, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington. Having served over 250,000 patients and raised over $200MM in investment capital from the likes of Fidelity, Humana, and other prominent financiers, we now have an eye towards rapidly scaling to a position of market leadership.
At Heal, we believe in creating a culture that is efficient, engaging and full of passion. We take pride in recognizing employees for their hard work and dedication and our CEO is never more than a phone call away. Come help us revolutionize the healthcare experience by putting patients first!
We are looking for Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants who have a passion for improving the way care is delivered and who want to get back to the fundamentals of good medicine. As Heal uses our $70M in venture funding to expand nationally, we are looking for physicians who are eager to take on professional development opportunities and deepen patient relationships. As a Heal medical team member, you will work with colleagues who are board-certified or board-eligible in pediatrics, internal medicine, and family medicine. You will be supported by a dedicated personal driver and you will have a world-class technology team building you the tools you need to maximize efficiency while reducing overhead.
- Typically see one to two patients an hour, with goals set to drive interpersonal relationships with patients and families.
- A dedicated driver or rideshare provides transportation while you maintain a medical supply kit
- Use of iPad for EMR charting.
- Heal operations support for prescription refills, lab follow up, and coordinated care management.
- Dedicated to providing excellent healthcare and a top-quality patient experience.
- Strong belief in the revolutionary nature of house calls and passionate about improving (or better yet disrupting) care delivery.
- Consistently exhibit the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and compassion.
- Willingness to work in a revolutionary environment that sometimes necessitates last minute problem solving and out of the box thinking.
- Technically savvy and comfortable using tools such as iPads for charting and HIPAA secure messaging apps for care coordination.
- Flexible with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Medical and religious exemptions will be granted based upon review of proper documentation. Heal will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience
- Must have an active state license and DEA
- Senior patient care experience required
- Active BLS through the AHA (American Heart Association) or ARC (American Red Cross)
- $125,000 – $160,000/Annually, DOE
- Salary range may vary in Connecticut, Colorado, and New York
Benefits (Full-time Providers)
- Competitive Salary
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation to Start
- 1 Week Paid Sick Time
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for employee
- 100% Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (STD & LTD)
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance (AD&D)
- WiFi & Cell Phone Stipend
- Parental Leave for Six Weeks
- HSA & FSA Plans Available
- 401k Plan & Stock Opportunities for Leadership Positions
- 11 Holidays (7 Company and 4 Floating)
- LinkedIn Learning and Other Educational Opportunities
- CME Reimbursement
- 1 Week Paid Time Off for Continuing Education
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Additional Voluntary Benefits; Pet and Legal Insurance
All employees who drive during a shift are provided a GPS tracking device called âNOWâ. The NOW device allows Heal Doctors to improve the accuracy of reported locations and arrival times, while also expediting the mileage reimbursement process. Please note, the NOW device is the sole method for submitting mileage reimbursement and needs to be used during the entirety of the employee’s shift. If not, this will cause delays in mileage reimbursement and possible inaccuracies.
Heal Doctors recognizes and values the key to success is the experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Heal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer to all individual, regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.