Headquarters: San Francisco
Pilot (YC W17) is looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our remote team on a mission to create a more open worldwide job market. For this role, we are looking for someone available to work within usual working hours (9:00 am – 5:00 pm) in US PST or Central America time zones.
A bit about who we are
Pilot helps companies to handle payroll, benefits, and compliance for their remote teams. We believe that your opportunities in life shouldn’t be dictated by where you’re from or where you happen to live, and we’re helping our customers live by that too. We’re backed by Sam Altman, Y Combinator, Credo Ventures, Automattic, Kyle Vogt, and many other amazing investors.
What you will be working on
- You’ll be an active member of our growing support team that supports our users.
- You’ll help users use Pilot’s products and navigate them through the app so they get the most out of what we offer.
- You’ll work closely with product and operations teams to ensure all kinds of reported issues are being solved.
- You’ll derive satisfaction from solving problems quickly and efficiently.
- You’ll have a direct impact on customer satisfaction and care deeply about making our users happy.
- You’ll be an active contributor to our Help Center and have the ability to share your knowledge by writing Help Center articles.
- International payments to contractors are a big part of our product. You’ll work with our payment providers to handle additional KYC requests, verifications, and tracking the status of individual payments.
- You are available to work in usual working hours (9:00 am – 5:00 pm) for US PST or Central America.
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll be the first point of contact for our users so first-class communication is a must.
- Fluency in written English.
- Strong work ethics and ability to work without supervision. You are driven by results.
- You are empathetic, understanding, and don’t mind answering the same questions over and over again.
- You are reliable, hardworking, and keen to dive in and get your hands dirty. There is no task too menial for you.
We’d especially like to talk to you if
- You have prior experience in working in distributed teams.
- You worked as a customer support specialist in the past.
- You speak any other language.
- Annual salary from $26,300 to $30,000 and up to 0.025% of equity.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world.
We try to hold all most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible.