Headquarters: Carlsbad, California, United States
At Planning Center, we build powerful web and mobile applications for churches. Each of our eight products has a dedicated team of designers and developers committed to refining and expanding that product in response to real customer needs. Our customers include over 90 of the 100 largest churches in the country, and tens of thousands of small community churches. We strive to make day-to-day operations easier for all of them.
We’re a development driven company, founded and led by a developer. Over half our staff are either devs or designers who code! We are constantly trying to improve our practices and we are looking for a Platform/Site Reliability engineer to help us.
About the work
We are heavily incorporated in the AWS ecosystem relevant technologies you would be working with: Aurora (MySQL), ECS, Lambda, S3, SNS, Dynamo, CloudFormation, EC2. Other key parts of our stack include Ruby on Rails, Elastic Search, React, and Datadog.
Some tasks you could be working on?
- Increasing our alert coverage and creating informative dashboards in Datadog
- Analyzing query performance in Aurora
- Creating new developer tools
- Deploy a service to ECS or Lambda
- Produce and maintain documentation on installations, incidents, and procedures
- Help with log collection and analysis
- Troubleshoot application performance issues
We run an on-call rotation so you will have to feel comfortable with participating in the rotation on a schedule.
We are looking for experienced candidates only for this role. You should have professional experience doing this work as at least a portion of your job. We expect some familiarity with the technologies in our hosting stack, but you don’t need to be an expert in all of them.
You should be comfortable with the UNIX programming environment, basic networking, and have some programming experience. If you were capable of writing or editing Ruby and/or Go applications that would be great.
We are looking for candidates that excel in self direction, and enjoy seeing projects through to completion.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to travel four times each year to connect with the rest of the team in person, but not during a pandemic.
We love our people and want this to be the best place for them to work. In addition to a competitive salary (starting between $110,400 – $147,200 depending on expertise), we offer:
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- Company contribution to a 401(k)
- Mobile phone stipend
- Co-working stipend
- Health stipend for counseling or a gym membership
- Charitable giving match
- Paid maternity, paternity, or bonding leave
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid Fridays off in the summer
- Continual education allowance for books, videos, or conferences
We’ll provide all the things you need to get your job done. That includes a laptop, monitor, standing desk, and chair.
Work from Anywhere in the USA
We are dedicated to hiring the best talent available; part of working at Planning Center is the option to work remote! We fly our remote team into the office once every quarter, so you can enjoy the nice California weather and connect with the rest of the team (75% of which is remote).
If you’ve applied in the past, feel free to apply again!