Full-time, Boston, MA or Remote (US)
Salary range: $100,000-$160,000 base salary, plus $20,000-$40,000 annual commission target
Hurry up! Weâve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is an international start-up thatâs growing fast and a leader in the white-hot customer data platform space, and itâs our job to make sure every marketer gets in on the fun. We love what we do, weâre proud of how we do it, and weâve teamed up to create a truly exceptional product and company.
Are you relentlessly curious about new technologies, with a passion for demonstrating their value to a wide range of audiences? Do you strive to be the type of pre-sales consultant that sets the bar for achievement in one of the hottest SaaS markets? Are you motivated to partner with customers, serving as a trusted advisor to them as they work to pivot and transform their business? Then weâve got a job for you.
Weâre looking an enthusiastic and driven pre-sales consultant to join our rapidly growing team. As a critical component of our sales process, youâll oversee the technology evaluation stage with our prospective customers, from early product demonstrations to structured evaluations of our platform. Plus, youâll leverage your technical expertise to provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders, partnering with CMOs, marketing technologists, VPs and Directors of Marketing, digital marketers, digital product owners, and more.
In this role you will:
- Partner with sales representatives, partners, and prospects to understand their specific technical requirements and business needs to effectively align our offering to address their individual challenges â as well as provide targeted technical advice and guidance throughout the process.
- Create and deliver customized product demonstrations for prospects, customers, and partners both in-person and remotely.
- Develop a strong understanding of our sales, onboarding, and product delivery processes, leveraging resources in Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, Product, and Services to ensure customer success.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Team to deliver customer feedback that will inform future product requirements and enhancements.
- Proactively engage with fellow team members in ongoing knowledge sharing and subject-matter growth.
- Participate in webinars and industry events to demonstrate the value of our platform.
- Assist in the completion of RFPs and RFIs.
Weâre looking for someone with the following:
- 2+ years of experience as a pre-sales consultant, pre-sales engineer, and/or solutions engineer working with enterprise SaaS product(s), preferably with a focus on Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) and/or other marketing technologies
- Proven ability to assess customer requirements, identify business problems, and demonstrate proposed solutions
- In-depth expertise in the SaaS sales process, cycle, and supporting methodologies on an enterprise level
- Strong understanding of marketing applications and the challenges that marketers face with regard to customer data
- Familiarity with at least some of the following systems/concepts:
- Customer Data Platforms
- Marketing Automation Platforms
- Predictive Analytics
- Enterprise Service Busses
- Web/Mobile Analytics
- Tag Management Systems
- Data Lakes
- Master Data Management Platforms
- Content Management Systems
- Data Management Platforms
- Demand or Supply Side Platforms
- Testing, Optimization, and Multivariate Testing
- Relational Database Models
- AI/ML Processes and Business Value
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively demonstrate technical proficiency, digital marketing knowledge, and business acumen across a wide range of audiences
- Outstanding ability to learn, understand, and adapt to new approaches
- High level of flexibility within a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed
Reasons to join the BlueCrew:
- Be an integral part of a dynamic and professional team that brings a wide variety of experiences and skill sets
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement
- Work with big name brands to achieve their marketing goals
- Enjoy competitive salary and an uncapped variable plan to reward you for incremental success.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers havenât been able to solve for years. Weâre headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 300 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.
As a group, we are driven by âbuilding the dreamâ – the collective passion, ethic, vision, and set of values channeled by a group to achieve a common goal of being extraordinary. Our goal is for BlueConic to be a fun, productive, welcoming, and safe space where BlueCrew members of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, life experiences, nationalities, ages, religions, and beliefs are empowered to be able to make an outsized impact every day â for customers, for partners, for employees.
To join the BlueCrew is to:
- Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
- Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
- Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
- Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
- Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
- Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
- Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
- Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, especially when sharing externally, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.