General Dynamics Mission Systems UK is seeking a R&D Principal Software Engineer to join our collaborative and inclusive team for 2022. As a full-time R&D Principal Software Developer and senior member of the team you will have the opportunity to work on new software solutions across a wide range of technologies and the role comes with a salary of £48,560 to £60,700 and an excellent benefits package.
Your primary Software Engineering responsibilities include:
- Creating Software design and modelling
- Delivering high quality working code
- Providing technical guidance to junior team members
- Analysing, understanding and capturing engineering requirements
General Dynamics Mission Systems aims to be as flexible as possible so please discuss with us your preference. Depending on the role, we operate both home and hybrid working (with time split between home and one of our facilities) or you can be based within our offices in Oakdale.
To apply for this Software Engineer position, you will need experience with object orientated programing in C++, source & version control using Azure / GIT / SVN and object orientated design. We are looking for candidates with great communication skills and the ability to generate well-structured technical documents.
Our Company Benefits
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose, offering impressive benefits:
- A compressed nine-day fortnight and compressed hours – which means every other Friday off
- A personalized career development plan, alongside regular progress reviews – supporting and valuing your progression within the Company
- A flexible working environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded with flexible benefits
If this Principal Software Engineer job sounds like a great fit for you, please apply with General Dynamics today!
As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity we welcome in particular applications from women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and ethnic minority groups.
We are a Disability Confident Employer, as such we offer an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
Please email [email protected] if you would like your application to be considered under the DC Scheme.