You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If youâre excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role:
As a Product Designer at Helix, you will lead design across the participant experience. Our participants are at the center of the research studies that we set up with our healthcare partners. You will have the opportunity to enable participants to enroll in these studies & learn about their genetic results to improve their health and community.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering to drive a cohesive and consistent experience across the participantâs touchpoints with Helix. This includes discovery, design, and helping with defining user requirements and use cases.
- Evolve the responsive web experience that allows participants to enroll in research studies, create an online account, and receive their genetic results. This solution will empower participants to understand how their genetics affect their health and plan for future health outcomes.
- Create, iterate on, and deliver UX design concepts, prototypes, as well as UI specifications and assets for use in all stages of the product development process.
- Work cross-functionally with user research & translate research insights into features within the participant experience.
- Help guide and define user experience and design principles for participant users to create standards in line with Helixâs design guidelines and component library.
- Contribute to the design teamâs culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- 4+ years of experience designing for responsive web platforms.
- Experience designing for patients of health tech or related fields.
- Familiarity with utilizing web accessibility standards in web design.
- Experience working on a user experience for the general public & prioritizes inclusivity of various demographics within the design.
- Portfolio that demonstrates your ability to work across the end-to-end design process â leveraging product & systems thinking, user research, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills.
- Proficient with tools like Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Able to scope and organize your own progress while working on multiple projects, according to our product roadmaps.
- Think in systems and are able to extend shared design patterns and behaviors to your product focus area.
- Skilled in communicating your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Champion of being a leader and driving your team towards shared ownership, outcome, and success of the product experience.
- Interest in learning about population health and genomics.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or a related field.
- Experience in a regulated organization, including experience with HIPAA, CCPA/CPRA, GDPR.
What Helix Has to Offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.