This role is for a product manager experienced in SQL databases, with a passion for quality, enterprise reliability, data stores and analytics, and an understanding of Kubernetes. If you want to revolutionise the world of enterprise data for giant orgs and scientists and startups, this is the team to be on.
Canonical has set out to deliver a comprehensive, multi-cloud approach to data stores and analytics on Kubernetes. We want to unify the experience of operating data stores – from big data to tiny data, NoSQL and SQL, at the cache layer and the working data layer and long term archival – across every cloud and of course on premise. Whether you need a high-availability SQL server, or a dev-and-test NoSQL cluster, or a giant Cassandra, or a laptop Redis, or a corporate data lake, we want you to turn to Canonical first.
This role is about:
- shaping SQL database product and managed service offerings from Canonical
- driving forward the state of the art for production databases on Kubernetes
- building alliances and partnerships with SQL vendors and related companies
- building a multi-cloud, multi-substrate narrative
- understanding long term costs of ownership, and designing for efficiency
- driving commercial success and leading product direction
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
This role encompasses leadership of the product and go-to-market in SQL data stores. It requires a data-oriented (!) storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in database technology and operations
- Experience in Kubernetes with insights into devsecops
- Familiarity with relevant software and standards
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonicals competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create content to engage a sophisticated technical and commercial audience, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts that deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.