This position is remote.
Mediavine, a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 6100 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space, is searching for a technical support engineer to assist in supporting our publishers and work with our engineering team to launch new products. We are looking for someone with the skills of a junior level developer to assist our support team in triaging bugs, onboarding new sites, and solving technical problems for our publishers, but this will be a support role and in addition to technical responsibilities you’ll also be directly interfacing with customers.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable explaining technical issues in non-technical ways, and someone who is able to provide excellent service throughout stressful situations. Since you will be working with publishers who may be dealing with difficult issues, we expect you to be able to empathize with our publishers and help de-escalate situations.
Note: While this job is remote, we work a traditional schedule in order to accommodate our clients. Some weekends are required. There is some flexibility in your schedule but it must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
As a Technical Support Engineer at Mediavine, you can expect to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve support tickets from publishers
- Move new publishers through the launch process from contracts to live ads on site
- Work with the development team on plugin rollouts
- Assist our QA team in testing new releases
- Work with the support team to triage different technical problems
- Help to educate publishers on technical concepts & explain in non-technical ways
- Provide basic tweaks to customer blogs
- Travel opportunities
- Work Remote
- Comprehensive Benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning Allowance
- Access to experienced engineers with direct mentorship opportunities
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Starting salary is 50k
While this position is remote, we work a traditional scheduled workday to accommodate our clients. There is some flexibility, but it needs to be communicated and pre-approved.