Vienna, VA (Washington D.C. Area) or Remote (in authorized states*)
*The work may be performed at an approved remote work location in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, or Washington state only. This position may NOT be performed outside of these locations except with the prior written authorization of the Company.
Cipher Tech is seeking a full stack Python developer to join our distributed team of engineers building and supporting our ACCE (https://www.ciphertechsolutions.com/products/acce/) product for both SaaS and on-premises deployments. This project is being actively developed, so the developer would be working with our engineering team and product champions to define, implement, and rapidly deploy changes utilizing a CI/CD environment.
The project team is small, so you’ll be working on the whole stack and implementing features from front to back. Because of the small team and fast-paced environment, you should be an adaptable generalist who is willing and able to gain proficiency in new technologies quickly. Furthermore, development teams may be split between various locations or shifts, so effective communication skills are a must.
Requirements: Candidates must…
- Possess US citizenship (no exceptions)
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math or Physics (or be within one year of completion, no exceptions to degree type)
- Have expertise with Python 3.x, ideally in a web environment
- Be experienced with containerization (Docker)
- Have knowledge or experience on developing UIs with HTML/JS/CSS
- Be familiar with configuring CI/CD pipelines in GitLab
- Be familiar with deploying applications utilizing Kubernetes
- Be familiar with Django or similar Python web framework
- Be familiar with developing and consuming REST or REST-esque services
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
- Be capable of debugging software applications
- Be able to gather testable software requirements
- Be able to participate in the design of new software applications
- Have familiarity with maintainable software processes including:
- Software documentation
- Source code versioning
- Unit testing
- Be able to quickly adapt to new situations and problems
- Be comfortable operating in a mission-critical and time-sensitive environment
- Have the willingness and aptitude to quickly learn new skills, tools, and languages.
- Experience with Django
- Experience with reverse engineering
- Experience with Material UI or similar framework
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and microservices
- Experience with job queuing technologies and concepts
- Mission focused work environment
- Subsidized medical/dental/vision insurance
- HSA contributions
- 401k matching
- Holiday and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Monthly WAN parties & quarterly events
- Flexible hours
- Relocation Assistance
COVID-19 VACCINATION NOTICE:
Please be aware that you are applying to a position to work as a federal contractor. As such, you are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your first day of work. Cipher Tech will comply with all legal requirements allowing for limited medical and/or religious exemptions to those who may be unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with applicable mandates.
- Candidates must possess a relevant bachelor’s degree, with some programming experience outside of the classroom. No formal experience is required, although it is preferred.
- Candidates must possess a relevant bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience OR possess a relevant master’s degree and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
At Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc. (Cipher Tech), we take great pride in supporting some of the most mission critical work in the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. The majority of our company is comprised of extremely talented engineers and developers who write production tools in direct support of one of two missions: digital forensics and malware reverse engineering.
Digital forensics is the practice of extracting and processing evidence from computers, phones, tablets, cameras, flash-drives, and just about any other form of digital media. The results of our work are then used to support federal and military law enforcement, counterintelligence, and counter-terrorist activities.
Malware reverse engineering is the practice of analyzing, oftentimes extremely advanced, malicious code. The goal of a reverse engineer is to understand how the malicious code works and determine facts such as: how did it infect the victim’s computer, what kind of information it is seeking to steal, how is it communicating with the author (actor), and who that actor might be working for.
Be aware that you are applying for a job that requires a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
If you do not already hold a US government security clearance, we do have the ability to sponsor you for one, however be advised that this can be a multi-year process.
The U.S. government will not issue security clearances to current or recent users of illegal drugs. On your application to us, you must acknowledge that you have not engaged in any illegal drug use within the past twelve months (illegal drug use includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal substances, the misuse of prescriptions, the misuse of over-the-counter substances, and the use of medical or recreational marijuana that may be deemed legal at the state level but is still considered illegal by the federal government).
NOTE: CIPHER TECH WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY, INCLUDING ILLEGAL DRUG USERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY SOUGHT PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT FOR A DRUG PROBLEM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.