We are building 3D web & mobile apps for millions of users, in partnership with IKEA. Our pioneering apps allow customers to scan photorealistic models of their spaces, then reimagine their spaces in like-like 3D, from anywhere, changing home e-commerce.
We are looking for a hands-on software quality professional to lead a roadmap of software quality strategies from the ground up, including manual functional testing & test automation and tracking of quality metrics.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality of our web & mobile applications, and our 3D content. You will be a close partner with our product design & engineering teams, where you will advocate for areas of product improvement and test development. You will be a hands-on leader.
This is a ground floor opportunity to approach software quality from the start, in a small, fast-moving team, developing a highly-visible product, in the important emerging market of 3D mixed reality.
In this role, you will:
- Become expert in our web & mobile 3D applications & technologies.
- Own key quality business metrics – Measure and report key quality metrics & analytics.
- Define & execute strategies for quality, which maximize quality return on investment.
- Guide the development & execution of effective & efficient software test plans.
- Repeatedly run 3D content QA to ensure visual quality of 3D models & renders.
- Drive selective & successful investments in test automation.
- Build & manage a small but high-impact team of in-house and external QA staff.
- Manage bug lifecycles in Jira, from first-find, prioritization, fix, and verification.
- Understand customer difficulties and be a strong advocate for customer success.
- Partner with platform engineering to improve our SDLC to improve quality & velocity.
- Join a mission-driven R&D lab, developing compelling, highly-visible 3D experiences for millions of users around the globe.
- Build expertise in important fields of mixed reality/AR/VR, 3D, AI.
- Excellent health & retirement benefits.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, California, in the heart of the Castro Street downtown — an easy walk from restaurants, coffee shops, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail.
- Location is flexible – experienced candidates may work from any location in USA. But bonus points for candidates who can work from our Mountain View headquarters 3 days a week, when public health situation permits.