About the role
As a QA Lead in the Product department at Zyte, you will be responsible for positioning QA to play a pivotal role in estimations, planning, release management, CI/CD, and ultimately the success of our products. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy leading Test/QA teams that ensure that a suite of products maintains a high level of quality when it comes to serving a globally diverse clientbase.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end QA process for Zyte platform components such as Smart Proxy Manager, Zyte API, and Automatic Extraction, leading an initially small but growing team.
- Engage early and often with stakeholders in the Product department to ensure testable requirements.
- Estimate and plan test efforts; produce requirements traceability matrices and high-level test plans.
- Define clear, unambiguous acceptance/release criteria that dovetail with your test plans.
- Take ownership of release management, firmly establishing QA as the gatekeepers of quality releases.
- Delegate testing duties among team; mentor and evaluate performance continuously.
- Understand what an appropriate test/staging environment will look like; work with the relevant internal stakeholders to build this out.
- Perform hands-on automated and manual testing of both the usability and the correct functioning of existing and new product components including but not limited to: internal and customer-facing dashboards, email integrations, billing and payment integration, APIs, etc.
- For new features, be able to answer the question “We built the thing right, but did we build the right thing?” before signing off any release.
- Work with Head of QA to continue to innovate in terms of automation, CI/CD and the QA tech stack.
- Proactively make improvements to QA methodologies by employing other technologies and tools.
- Make recommendations to Head of QA around hiring, team structure, and direction.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as QA Lead or Test Lead, ideally of SaaS offerings.
- Demonstrable experience testing HTTP APIs, web front ends, and backend integrations.
- Demonstrable test automation experience, preferably with Python.
- Experience with modern CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Drone, CircleCI, BitBucket Pipelines, or similar.
- Solid grasp of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA, Redmine, or similar.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English; confident communicator; able to communicate on both technical and non-technical levels with various stakeholders on all matters QA.
- Good understanding of web frontend technologies.
- Eager to learn in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Bonus points for:
- ISTQB qualifications
- Experience working remotely and managing asynchronous communication.
- Experience with UI, API, and Functional test tools such as Selenium, Capybara, Citrus, JMeter, Postman, or similar.
- Experience with Product QA specifically as it pertains to data extraction from the web.
- Automated data analysis skills with e.g. Python/Pandas, SQL, or similar
- Contract Testing experience
- Performance Testing experience
- Substantial backend & testing experience