We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Quality and Performance Improvement Manager in the Quality Improvement and Population Health Department.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Quality Improvement and Population Health Director, you will:
- Manage and lead quality improvement initiatives to improve quality measures performance with the network providers and local communities
- Manage, plan and participate in overall operational activities of the Quality Improvement and Population Health Department
- Manage, supervise, mentor and train assigned staff
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Solid understanding of performance management and performance improvement
- Ability to form and foster strong relationships with Alliance providers
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to respectfully hold others accountable
- Experience working with and extracting data from various systems, such as SQL
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Knowledge of, and proficiency in:
- The application of complex performance improvement, process improvement, and quality improvement principles, methodologies, best practices, and tools
- Applying effective leadership and people management skills, including leading team building, facilitating efficient and effective meetings, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating-with and influencing others
- Research, analysis and reporting methods
- Promoting and applying change management principles
- Knowledge of:
- Medi-Cal and managed care
- Governmental and other regulatory standards, requirements and guidelines related to quality improvement, such as NCQA, Medi-Cal regulations and standards, Joint Commission, Knox-Keene Act, Federal HMO Act, and Title 22
- Survey methods and CAPs
- Principles and practices of supervision and training
- Ability to:
- Train, mentor, supervise and evaluate the work of staff, promote an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation, and motivate staff to achieve goals and objectives
- Organize and prioritize the work of others, delegate authority and responsibility, and follow-up on work assignments
- Identify root causes of issues and recommend concrete solutions that increase capability
- Lead, motivate, coach, mentor, build investment and commitment, and hold quality and performance improvement project team members accountable
- Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills, accurately collect, manage, and analyze data, identify issues, offer recommendations and potential consequences, and mitigate risk
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelorâs degree in Health Care Administration, Nursing, Business Administration, Organizational Development or a related field
- A minimum of six years of professional-level performance improvement/quality improvement experience which included a minimum of three years of experience in a managed care environment and some lead or supervisory experience (a Masterâs degree may substitute for two years of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
- While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid remote/in-office work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
- Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
- Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite or community presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: This position requires staff to be fully vaccinated and boosted upon their start date as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination must be submitted at time of hire. Fully vaccinated is defined as receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (ex: Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receipt of a single-dose vaccine (ex: Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the booster (if eligible); AND a 2-week period having passed since the administration of the last vaccine dose.