Type: Contract (Long term)
Monthly: £5,400 – £7,000 ($7,200 – $9,400) Location and experience based
Currently, we are building applications across retail, energy, and IoT sectors. Our applications make life simpler; whether its processing millions of transactions or automating the smart home.
This role is a full time contract position and you can work from wherever you want. Our remote-first team are spread across 14 different countries.
Skills & Qualifications
- MUST: At least 1 year industry experience with React Native
- MUST: Experience performing in a team and working harmoniously with others
- MUST: Native level written and spoken English
- MUST: Be able to overlap within an hour of UK working hours
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with different languages and technologies
- SHOULD HAVE: Ability to navigate, understand, and reuse large existing codebases
- SHOULD HAVE: A basic understanding of UI/UX design principles
- SHOULD HAVE: Functional programming experience
- SHOULD HAVE: Experience working with complex server-side design
- BONUS: Have at least some native iOS or Android mobile application development experience
This role is perfect for a candidate that not only enjoys development, but also wants to have input on the best approach and implementation method. On a typical day you will:
- Work in dynamic squads in a team of 15+ skilled & enthusiastic React engineers
- Morning stand-up with the team via video, a full structured development process
- Have a direct input in application architecture decisions
- Write efficient and testable code
- Review PRs created by your fellow team members
- Document your code concisely and clearly
- Take part in regular retrospectives to improve the team process
What we look for
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and spoken English communication skills
- A proactive and autonomous approach towards work
- Experience working across a variety of different languages
- Ability to work on large codebases with require patience to understand
- High quality coding standards
- Strong team ethic; keen to help other team members succeed
Delivering exceptional value to our customers is imperative. The ideal candidate is the perfect brand ambassador; a brilliant technical mind with the accompanying interpersonal skills necessary to function in a team environment.
As an Ascent developer you will work in a small and close-knit group. Our mindset is focused on constant iteration and improvement.
We will give you all of the tools necessary to excel at your role. We use Jira, Trello, Slack, Github and Zoom in our day-to-day business.
Our managerial structure is very flat. We put customer experience and satisfaction first and really believe in delivering a service that is cutting edge.
- Work remotely
- Great compensation
- Flexible holiday
- Rewarding work on bleeding-edge technology
- Career development – investment in your skills
- Exceptional support network from your team members