Headquarters: Austin, TX
We are looking for a tenacious, passionate, creative, software-driven individual to guide the design and development of our payments software.
- What will you manage?
- What will you contribute to?
- What will you support?
- How much support per project?
- Potential Obstacles: We work by 6 week cycles (similar to sprints) where it can be easy to lose focus or forget to plan ahead to ensure the successful completion of your projects.
- Actions: Understand the value of a successful cycle completion and use your tenacity to carry each project to the very end.
- Results: Your project completion numbers in GitHub are stellar and you have concentration available for the handful of projects on your plate.
- Potential Obstacles: Working remote has many personal and team-based challenges from timezone differences, to communication and trust of your colleagues.
- Actions: Develop deep working relationships with your colleagues to know what they’re working on, and how to support each other.
- Results: The team culture is strong, Rebilly’s bigger projects efficiently move forward.
- Potential Obstacles: Your day will be filled with your own projects and priorities, and offering feedback to a remote team from afar can be intimidating.
- Actions: Prioritize your schedule and share your unique knowledge and experience to help make your team stronger.
- Results: Your team is more precise, creative, and their knowledge is deepened with your help.
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare stipend
- Training and development
- Computer of your choosing
- Further perks and benefits are dependent on your work location of choice.
- Apply By API https://applybyapi.com/posting/18/
- Small code challenge (unless you have extensive open source contributions)
- Interview with the Product Team
- Interview with the Product Team Lead
- Offer and Hiring
- Backend: PHP7.3
- Frontend: Vue JS 2/3, ReactJS
- Framework: Symfony (moving away from Yii)
- Package Management: Composer, NPM, Yarn
- Testing: PHPUnit, Chai, Jest, Cypress
- Build: Webpack, Rollup
- Version Control: Git
- JS: ES6/7
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2, ECS/Fargate, RDS/Aurora, Lambda), Docker, Terraform, Chef, GitHub, Jenkins, ElasticSearch
- Monitoring: Graylog, OSSEC, Sentry, Datadog
- Customer Payments Portal – create a secure and highly customizable customer payments portal
- Proficiency in Information Architecture – support usability in our database and more
- Payment Gateway Integrations – expand our library of integrations
WORKING AT REBILLY