Weâre the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward â and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we’re not just creating a new era of homeownership. Weâre supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. Weâve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: weâre just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Recruiting Team
Weâre a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the companyâs success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
We’re looking for a thoughtful and organized recruiting coordinator to provide scheduling and administrative support throughout the hiring process. This person will serve as an integral partner in building candidate relationships; providing an excellent candidate experience from application to hire, and managing relationships with hiring managers and teams across the business.
- Manage candidate interviews and coordination of onsite/zoom interviews, including: scheduling, securing and assigning VC links, and creating Slack channels day-of, for the interview team to stay on track. Scheduling will be a top priority for this role.
- Be a Thumbtack ambassador, providing candidates with an extremely positive and memorable interview experience
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing processes and/or implement new ones
- Work with recruiters and hiring managers to manage the candidate pipeline, ensure data integrity in our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and maintain all job postings
- Support hiring managers in the creation of interview plans, scheduling and running kickoff meetings, and debriefs. Be a true owner in the full cycle recruiting process!
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1+ year of experience in a Recruiting Coordinator or Administrative/Executive Assistant capacity
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication with the ability to interact effectively with team members, hiring managers, and candidates with professionalism, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong sense of ownership
- Ability to understand and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Previous experience using an applicant tracking system and/or scheduling software (we use Greenhouse and GoodTime)
- Proficient in Google Workspace (Mail, Calendar, Docs, etc.)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes â confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what itâs like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.