Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
URL: http://www. replicated.com
Replicated is looking for experienced operations engineers, that understand how to run and troubleshoot Linux and Kubernetes. Our engineering team is heavily involved in providing the best support experience to our customers. We do not have a toss it over the wall culture here and we do our best to engage with our customers and make sure they are successful with every installation. Our customer reliability engineering team is critical to our company’s success and in this role you will be leading our efforts to support our customers.
We build tools to help other software developers deliver private on-premises versions of their software to enterprise customers. These tools include automated cluster-installers, container image registries, automated troubleshooting collectors, vendor dashboards, and microservices to connect them all. We run our Kubernetes infrastructure in the public cloud, and have invested heavily in automation, and are looking to expand that investment with additional cloud-native tools and automation.
This role is perfect for you if you are looking for a technical path toward development. This team pairs programming expertise with operational knowledge to help scale best practices through tooling used by us and our vendors. This is a great role within the engineering organization to build a deep experience with Kubernetes, Linux, and open source development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with customers on a daily basis to remediate failures and guide them to creating high quality upstream bug reports.
- Build tooling, like troubleshoot.sh, to put your operational knowledge in code.
- Help improve and iterate on the process to ensure customers have the quickest path to engineering and to resolving their issues quickly.
- On-call support coverage. While we do our best to optimize for timezones and working hours, our team is still small and we want to make sure we are available for our customers when they need us.
- Learning and investing in your personal growth. Replicated is committed to helping every individual in the company learn and grow. We will pay for courses, certifications or similar to ensure that you are personally growing in your technical career.
What you bring to the role:
- 2+ years Experience with Linux system administration
- 2+ years Experience with Kubernetes and containers
- Familiarity with Go and at least 2 years of programming experience
Nice to haves:
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Experience with CNCF tools
- Contributions to open source projects or involvement with OSS communities
- Customer facing experience