Headquarters: Delray Beach, FL
At Salesmsg, we believe that having conversations is good for business. And the easiest, fastest, and most effective way to create conversations is with SMS text messaging.
Salesmsg is the leading conversational messaging platform for sales, marketing, and support teams. Ranked 27th on Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America in the Southeast and the #1 SMS App on HubSpot, Salesmsg is a fast-growing SaaS platform that helps thousands of businesses to attract, engage, convert, and care for their customers over SMS text messaging.
// THE ROLE // ———————
As a Product Marketer, you’ll play a key role in ideating, defining, and launching new product features, capabilities, and content that serve the needs of our customers. In addition to the responsibilities outlined, you’ll also:
- Generate innovative ideas that drive customer engagement, GTM strategy, and internal evangelism, differentiating Salesmsg as a leader in the market.
- Lead and manage a team of high-performing product marketers, inspiring and guiding their growth and prioritizing their activities within a demanding, high-growth environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the voice of the customer and collaborate with Product teams to influence future product development.
- Drive impactful product launches that showcase innovation and ultimately drive new revenue.
- Develop global product messaging and positioning, with a focus on competitive differentiation across all relevant business categories.
- Partner with Sales to inspire and win flagship brands through the sales cycle by helping the company understand the impact Salesmsg has in the market and on top personas.
- Create compelling and easily understandable internal content for Sales, CS, Operations, and other teams, including sales training, positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets.
- Work with demand generation and digital teams to craft compelling stories that drive demand and revenue across offerings and throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Collaborate with third parties and other Salesmsg teams to inform our corporate narrative and establish thought leadership themes that showcase our positioning throughout the year.
- Lead new product launches, including launch strategy, planning, timelines, and more to ensure maximum impact.
- Define ideal customer profiles across the portfolio, determine opportunities for upselling and cross-selling, and equip sales teams with relevant tools and talk tracks to win deals.
- Innovate message delivery for videos, emails, and throughout the entire customer lifecycle.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Design, Sales, and Customer Success, to drive the success of our product offerings. You’ll also play a critical role in shaping our go-to-market strategy and ensuring that our products meet the needs of our customers.
// SKILLS // ———————
Here’s a taste of some of the things we require for you to be successful in this role…
- Proven experience in product marketing, encompassing messaging and positioning, pricing, competitive analysis, GTM strategy, product launch management, sales tool development, and the ability to leverage customer and market insights to inform the product roadmap.
- A solid track record of delivering compelling product marketing results for over 5+ years.
- Over 5 years of experience in managing individual contributors in a fast-paced marketing organization, with a talent for hiring, inspiring, and leading teams to success.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement new marketing programs with data-driven results.
- A history of effective collaboration with sales teams to achieve business objectives.
- Experience in using data to drive high-converting demand generation programs that lead to revenue.
- Proficiency in delivering targeted messages in B2B markets using account-based marketing.
- A people-focused leadership style, with the ability to build creative, collaborative teams, develop talent, and link performance to overall business goals. Experience as a ‘manager of managers’ is a plus.
- A track record of delivering complex projects, with strong organizational skills and the ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a passion for crafting compelling narratives that resonate with audiences both online and offline.
- Experience in SaaS/technical product marketing is required, with leadership experience at a public company preferred.
// WHO IS THIS FOR? // ———————
You Thrive By Helping Others
You truly have to enjoy speaking with people and working with them intelligently. In fact, you get joy by helping them get the result they want. And if you can’t help them or our product doesn’t serve them – you’re completely honest and transparent with them, “this isn’t a good fit for you and here’s why…”
You like to figure out how and why things work. In other words, you’re a lover of product and have a burning need to understand the products nuances so you can speak intelligently about it rather than a word bumbler.
You Take Initiative.
You are the type that finds things that need improvement and you take action. Like I mentioned before, “you’ll be wearing lots of hats” so if you’re the type that’s waiting for me or someone else to tell you what to do, please don’t apply.
You Are Goal & Results Oriented.
Like, you actually set goals and create a plan to achieve them. Not like a new years resolution that feels great for 27 hours then you quit. You set out to produce real results and outcomes that are tied to a big fat hairy audacious goal.
Aka: You get things done and you love the rush of accomplishment.
You Enjoy Working Remotely.
To succeed in this position, you’ve been working from home. With COVID and everything happening, you’ll need a quiet environment to get focused work done.
You’re Hungry To Grow.
It’s true. We’re a fast growing company, but if you’re not interesting in growing, then we can’t serve you. In this growth oriented role, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a larger role to potentially lead a team. We want to help grow as much as you want the company to grow.
// OUR CORE VALUES // ———————
We Figure It Out.
We’re a startup. Stuff will break and things will not work as you want them to. You will hit barriers and blocks keeping you from getting done what you said you’d do. You are the type of person that “come hell or high water” will figure it out. This is fun for you.
Seek Continuous Improvement.
We pursue GREATNESS. There’s a wealth of knowledge in books, articles, videos, courses, training events, and everywhere you look. Just Google it. If you can’t “figure it out” yourself, trust me, someone else already has for you. We’re resourceful and go deep to learn the best strategies.
Keep it Real & Conversational.
Seeing things for “how they truly are” gives us power. In fact, we have be real in order to survive and thrive. We have to speak truthfully and honestly because if we don’t things go unsaid, animosity stirs, and resentment takes over. It’s debilitating for high performance teams to win. Speak truthfully and keep it real. Call it like it is. Provide solutions, not problems.
People First Mindset.
As we seek to constantly improve we realize that the best answers to many of the opportunities to grow, products to create, and partnerships to solidify come from our customers. Helping the customer achieve success is our ultimate goal and through that we find new ways to make our product and team better.
The road is never straight and there will be twists and turns and bumps and stops. We all need to row in the same direction to work together and get things done. Don’t make it harder than it has to be. If it takes a few minutes, hook a brother up. Don’t battle. We win together, not apart.Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get into what this role will look like for you…
// EMPLOYEE BENEFITS &
- Remote work: Work from anywhere
- Team trips: We book at least one all-expenses-paid team trip per year.
- Unlimited paid-time off. Need time off, just let us know.
- Wellness perks: Class-pass access to 41,500+ studios worldwide (yoga, cycling, Pilates, Barre, running, strength training, dance, sports, videos and more.)
- Books and Courses: A monthly budget of $100 to spend on books. Plus access to courses ($50 $10k) on SEO, webinars, time management, customer success, sales frameworks, pricing strategies, product positioning, and so much more.
- Focused time blocks: We discourage meetings before noon so employees can have undistracted time to work.
- Two week Sprints: Two weeks of “sprinting” on focused work.
- Bonus structure: Potential bonuses based on performance.
- $250 Charity Donation: We will donate to any charity of their choice.
- Bi-Weekly Paychecks: Get paid on-time every other Friday.
- Swag: T-Shirts, stickers, and Salesmsg gear to kit you out!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: Personal health, dental, and vision 50% covered after 30 days.
- Tele-doc Virtual Health: Speak directly with a doctor anytime from anywhere.
- TalkSpace Online Mental Health Therapy: We’ve got you covered for when you need help.
- Incredible Growth and Promotion Opportunities: Ground floor opportunity to make your mark.
So there you have it.
Are you a match? Do you want a REAL challenge?
Then, I think you know what to do next.
P.S. We don’t have all of the answers.
We’re doing the best we can day after day with pure passion to create something meaningful.
If you’re okay with bruises, cuts by a thousand knives, and more good days mixed with bad days as we grow and scale “as a team” – then, this might be right for you.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/salesmsg-product-marketing-manager-b2b-saas