Headquarters: Burlingame, CA
REMOTE SOLAR SALES CONSULTANT – NEW GRADS WELCOME
Sapling Energy helps homeowners save money while going green. Going green and saving money are no longer mutually exclusive. We make it easy for people to reduce their electricity bill while using less energy that is cleaner and smarter.
Let’s talk about you as a Remote Solar Sales Consultant. You are patient, persuasive, and empathetic. You understand that listening is just as important as talking when trying to convince others. You can carry on a conversation with strangers even when their communication style differs greatly from your own. You are not overbearing, but you can close a deal when you know it benefits the customer and the company. You jump at the prospect of helping people save money while improving the environment. You learn rapidly and love team success as much as you like personal success.
The world is changing rapidly and we are looking to hire our first Remote Solar Sales Consultant! While this job is remote, we will require the candidate to relocate somewhere in the state of California if hired.
- Conduct scheduled residential energy consultations over video conference calls
- Help homeowners apply for solar energy programs and/or energy upgrades when they make financial sense
- Build rapport with homeowners and act as a relationship manager throughout the fulfillment process
- Manage large project pipeline in CRM
- Analyze every step of the fulfillment process to optimize efficiency
- Form an integral and foundational part of a positive and ambitious team culture
- Ambitious attitude with abundant positive energy
- Coachable but confidently independent when set free
- Comfortable interacting with homeowners over the phone and video conference
- Capable of working flexible hours and accommodating various working styles
- No experience in solar required
- Four-year college degree required
- Candidate must reside in CA by 1st day of work
- Generous pay-for-performance with rapid growth potential
- Ability to get in on the ground floor and shape the culture and success of a young company
- Hands-on, valuable sales experience and training that will readily transfer to any job
- The feeling of being paid well to genuinely help people and the environment