Marketing Superstar Needed for VC-Backed Startup!
This is a dream role designed specifically for a high-achieving, tech-savvy marketing superstar who believes there is more to life than getting a job at a corporation and counting the days until retirement (or layoffs…)
Dear Marketing Superstar,
- Are you a rockstar Facebook ads buyer that’s tired of being a cog in a wheel at an agency?
- Would you like the opportunity to live and work abroad, but don’t want to come home from a year of “teaching English” and be behind in your career?
- Do you want to start your own company one day, but you are not sure where to start?
If you’ve always been an expert organizer who is technologically inclined and would like to take those skills to the next level — while at the same time learning the crucial entrepreneurial and marketing skills you need to grow your first company — this could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
But before I tell you more about the opportunity, I should probably introduce myself.
Who am I?
I’m a Georgetown-Graduate-Turned-Founder of a fast-growing e-commerce company, and about two years ago I was in the exact same position as you.
I graduated from Georgetown University and my former classmate and I decided we wanted to start a company together.
But after all my “formal education” I still knew nothing about being an entrepreneur…
So I decided to learn everything on our own and start a e-commerce food company. In just a year our business has skyrocketed to over 8 figures in revenue with 200,000+ customers, making us one of the fastest growing food companies in the world.
And recently, we just raised a $5MM Series A to further fuel our growth.
Here’s what I’ve learned:
Truth: Your “formal education” doesn’t prepare you for the reality of starting and running a business.
Sad Reality: Colleges these days get a lot of criticism about leaving graduates with too much debt and not enough job opportunities.
While it’s a valid criticism, it doesn’t tell the whole story. Where they should be receiving criticism is for leaving graduates without the skills to build their own company.
I graduated from college and wanted to start a business but didn’t know how. So instead of being frustrated and blaming my university, I started my own company with my former classmate.
I learned everything from running Facebook and Instagram ads to mastering email marketing to growing a brand to over 150,000+ followers on Instagram.
Now you can do the same thing….
Opportunity: Work as a “right hand woman/man” for a fast-growing multi-million dollar ecommerce company.
You will be in the privileged position to learn from one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the world and find out what makes us successful.
If you’ve got a burning desire to be an entrepreneur, and this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, here are the…
Skills We’re Looking For:
I am looking for someone who…
- Is hungry to learn about marketing and entrepreneurship. This is the most important factor in your success.
- 2+ years of paid ads management experience (Facebook/Instagram, Google, Amazon, etc.)
- Advanced awareness of the psychology of advertising and the customer journey.
- Mid to Expert level knowledge of running funnels to sell products, courses, and programs
- A polished writer who is comfortable creating content, and editing his or her own work without much oversight.
- Is a finisher. Do you hate leaving projects unfinished? You must love the details of your projects and work dutifully to ensure the user has a positive experience with your product.
- Is a self-starter who won’t take no for an answer.
- Loves getting organized and believes in the power of a spreadsheet.
- Familiarity with a low carb, Keto diet
- Managing multiple marketing agencies at once
- Experience with influencer marketing campaigns
Who This is Not For:
- Someone who thinks that learning is over when school is over.
- Someone who is only motivated by a boss telling him or her to work harder.
- Someone who doesn’t believe that how you feel on the inside directly correlates with how you perform in life and business.
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location.
We run our business from all over the world, and we believe flexibility in where you work leads to better performance and happiness. Performance and attitude is the most important aspect of this job, not clocking hours in the office or water cooler politics.
Want to set up shop at a coworking space in Lisbon, or put the finishing touches on a landing page while sipping coffee at a sidewalk café Buenos Aires? Fine with us. As long as you can work on a US timezone, we’re cool with it.
Unlike other jobs, we don’t believe that what you do should dictate where you live.
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do, because with great flexibility comes great responsibility.
All this flexibility doesn’t mean we’re not a close-knit team…
For your first month you’ll be working side-by-side (virtually) with the Co-Founder and CMO (me!) and after that you’ll have daily meetings and yearly retreats to make sure we’re growing stronger as a team.
You Must Love Marketing:
Peter Drucker, the father of business consulting, made a statement long ago that we follow to this day:
“Business enterprise has two–and only two–basic functions: marketing and innovation. Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. Marketing is the distinguishing, unique function of the business.”
Marketing, and specifically direct response marketing, is what drives success in every industry, and to be successful here it’s something you must be excited to learn about.
We Hire Characters Not Positions:
We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual – in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life – then you’ll fit in well at our company.
HOW TO APPLY
No exceptions – in order to apply please provide the following.
1) Write a COVER LETTER addressing the following questions:
a) Why do you think you’d be the “Marketing Superstar” we’re looking for?
Describe why you’re a consistent high-achiever. Give SPECIFIC examples of past achievements and/or accolades related to your successes.
(TIP) If you literally only had 30 seconds with me in an elevator, what would you say is your biggest accomplishment?
b) What are the last three books you’ve read?
c) What do you do for fun?
d) Explain what you’re doing now for work and why you’re looking elsewhere.
e) To ensure your attention to detail, please include the words “cheesy” in the first paragraph of your cover letter.
2) Create ONE document (Word or PDF) that contains both your custom cover letter and your resume. Cover letter first, resume second.
3) Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “let’s do this.”