Headquarters: United Kingdom
We’re looking to expand our team to include a Content Manager to produce meaningful and helpful digital content through the lens of semantic SEO techniques, meaning zero-fluff content that provides unique value to readers yet is optimized for the Google search engine.
About the role:
- Research and deliver content briefs to writers
- Review drafts and provide feedback to content writers
- Edit / polish content ready for publishing
- Co-ordinate with graphic designers to produce helpful and unique images
- Oversee the content production and current workflow processes to help improve output efficiency
- Manage, mentor, and build a high-quality content writing team
- Manage the content administration
You will be a good fit if:
- You’re detail-oriented
- You’re a fast learner
- You’re fairly techy (can quickly learn new online tools, good with Excel)
- You have strong communication skills and are comfortable with one-to-one Zoom meetings
- Comfortable with using spreadsheets – you don’t need to be a wizz
- Know how to use Google suite of tools (Gmail, G. Docs, G. Sheets etc)
- Have a growth mindset with a flexible demeanor. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change (and at a fast-growing startup, they often do).
- Have a positive attitude with a “figure it out” on your own mentality to problem-solving.
- You have a self-driven work ethic – You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and see projects through to completion.
Experience and requirements
- 1+ years of editorial and writing experience.
- Must have the availability to overlap some hours each day with European time (GMT)
- Must be fluent in oral and written English
It would be nice if you have
- Experience with WordPress
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Some experience using Google Analytics, Search Console & Ahrefs
- $1500 – $3000 per month, depending on experience
- Full-time position
- Fully remote role – Work from wherever you want in the world.
- Full flexibility. While we ask for a few hours of overlap with GMT each day, outside of that, you are free to work whenever suits you best.
- Paid national public holidays in the country you reside
- Allowances to paid material/courses to help develop your skills
- Plenty of scope for personal development to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows.
- Learn valuable online skills not taught in schools
- Work alongside the founder
How to apply:
- Fill out the application in the link (you’ll need to login into a Gmail account)
- Upload a short video (1 to 5 mins) to your Google Drive where you introduce yourself and why you’re a good fit for the job. Your phone camera or laptop camera works great for this. Link to it in your application and make sure the permissions allow for other people to view it.