Be the first Security Engineer at SignalWire and work closely with the CTO and VP of Engineering to continue defining and growing our culture of developing a security-first platform architecture.
- Be the founding member of the SecOps team and work with engineering leadership to help define its culture and structure.
- Work with operations and development to ensure the development and deployment process follows security best practices.
- Work with Site Reliability Engineers to ensure monitoring and alerting is in place for our latest threats.
- Audit production infrastructure for vulnerabilities.
- Contract with penetration testers to identify new vulnerabilities and work with engineering to ensure mitigation of identified vulnerabilities.
- Build or buy tools to enhance the defensive security of the production infrastructure.
- Five years of industry experience in SecOps
- Exposure and experience with securing microservices in Kubernetes, Nomad or Docker Swarm environment
- Direct experience both utilizing and deploying Blue Team tooling like Suricata, Zeek, Snort, Wazuh
- Experience with ElasticSearch or similar frameworks for log/threat analysis
- Experience working with SaaS services such as Aqua Security, Snyk, and others
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Work/Life Balance – fully remote work
- Flexible Vacation
- 401(k) with up to a 4% match, immediately vested
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Employer paid LTD, STD, & Life
- Random Perks
- We appreciate you and want to show it! Sometimes it’s as simple as a birthday cupcake, SignalWire swag, or a delivered lunch…throughout the year there will be spontaneous perks sprinkled in to make sure you know you’re valued!