Senior AWS Engineer
Great Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Tuition Discount, Health and Wellness programs.
Responsible for the research, design, development, analysis, testing, and implementation of software operating or application systems. Communicates project information to client, project manager, or other design personnel working on projects. Maintains good working relationships with clients and staff. Writes and maintains complete documentation. Supports team members and ensures established goals and deadlines are met. Keeps management informed of status and significant problems.
As a Senior AWS Engineer on the Enrollment Platform team you will be creating student portals utilizing Python and AWS functionality. The team is collaborative and innovative.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop web applications and web services using Python.
- Support legacy applications developed in JAVA (Spring APEX).
- Architecting in AWS/Cloud technologies.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses.
- Increase application/system responsiveness and monitor application/system performance by anticipating and correcting application-based issues before their occurrence.
- Deliver high quality projects on time, through ability to design architecture, write high quality code, and execute effective unit tests.
- Optimize performance tuning for high utilization 24×7 access.
- Integrate third party products with existing infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects.
- Work with internal customers to gather business processes and project requirements.
- Researches, designs, and develops computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- The individual is acknowledged within the group as a subject matter expert.
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Advanced degrees (Master’s or PhD) may be required for certain disciplines and reduce the experience requirement by 2-4 years.
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.