Signavio by SAP is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (Java and/or Kotlin) to help us build the future of our Business Transformation Suite.
Based from our Berlin office, you will be part of our development teams and take a vital role in driving new features with the aim of scaling our product offering.In this role you will be working in a cross-functional team who values trust, respect and diversity.
We are looking for people who share our passion for creating products that people love to use. To thrive in this role you are someone who appreciates close collaboration, open communication, and feedback.
- Contribute to the entire cycle of product development, from first ideas and brainstorming sessions to continuously delivering improvements based on customer data
- Work existing applications as well as the inception of new microservices
- Mentor less-experienced peers and be mentored by more-experienced peers
- Collaborate and work on solving challenging technical and business problems
- Follow Agile principles and values
- Rely on DevOps practices and tools
- Passionate about crafting clean and well tested code
- Experience working in cross-functional teams relying on Agile methodologies
- Enjoy pair programming or are keen on trying it out
- In-depth knowledge of Object-oriented programming in general and a language such as Java or Kotlin.
- It would be a bonus if you have experience with other programming paradigms such as functional programming or reactive programming
- Demonstrated experience on safely and efficiently refactor larger pieces of code
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL or SQL databases. It would be even better if you have experience in DB related optimizations
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, and related cloud technologies is a plus
- You are a strong team player
Being part of a motivated team with flat hierarchies you know the importance of communication and feedback. You are appreciated for your engagement, your constructive input and your relentless drive to improve yourself, the product and the company.
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging.
The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year.
Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application.
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.