Who We Are:
Nacelle was built for technology-forward merchants drawn to the benefits of a headless architecture but dissatisfied with the costs and complexity associated with adoption. Leaders at FTD, Something Navy, Boll & Branch, and Rhone use Nacelle to eliminate the typical maintenance costs and infrastructure complexities related to going headless while accelerating their time-to-market. Unlike traditional commerce solutions, our product is built on event-driven and elastic core technology optimized for flexibility, performance, and customization.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series B round for $50m, our institutional investors include Tiger Global, Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We seek a senior-level Backend Developer who is an expert in Node, TypeScript, and microservice event-driven cloud architecture. The ideal candidate is a fast learner, a hard worker, has a knack for creative problem-solving, and is a low-ego team player. You will join Nacelleâs core development team to develop and build new features for our backend systems. You will work directly with a team of talented engineers and product leaders.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain microservices in Node.js while leveraging our modern, event-driven cloud architecture
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to build new impactful new technology for our customers
- Conduct code reviews to ensure standards of qualify and observability are met
- Write and maintain automated tests
We would love to hear from you if:
- You possess a strong breadth of experience in developing and deploying modern microservices
- You are comfortable with the services and technologies we use
- You love embracing some ambiguity and testing new ideas
- You are naturally curious and take initiative to creatively solve problems
- You thrive in a culture that values learning, collaboration, ownership, honesty, and integrity
- You have a point of view but are low ego
Weâd be really excited if youâve had:
- Experience with in-production Typescript
- In-production Kafka experience
- GraphQL API Experience
- Any prior experience in a fast-paced, VC-backed, remote SaaS startup
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- 100% Remote culture with a minimum of one company in-person retreat per year + team-specific retreats
- Company provided laptop
- An environment that values and promotes continuous learning, true ownership, and teamwork
At Nacelle, we strive to promote a culture where all employees feel supported and comfortable to provide constructive feedback in ways that we can continue to grow and practice our values of "forever learning, ownership, honesty and integrity, and teamwork."
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle’s Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.