The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our mixed media listening experiences team. Here you will build distributed backend systems that advance the state of the art for blending music and other audio experiences (e.g., podcasts, news, history, sports, wellness, trivia, etc) that are personalized and adapt to changing listening habits. You will assume technical leadership of projects and champion technical and architectural excellence. You will also mentor other engineers to support them in their career growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced technical leader
- You have 5+ years of experience in designing and building distributed, high-volume services in Java
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You can quickly scope the size and feasibility of projects of all sizes.
Where You’ll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.