Job ID: 1771478 | Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Are you a Big Data expert?
Would you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world?
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as HPC, batch data processing, Big Data and Business intelligence. This role will specifically focus on Data processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
· Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and Amazon Redshift.
· Solutions – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged Big Data service offerings.
· Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
· Candidate can be based anywhere in the US as long as they can travel to customer locations.
This position requires the candidate selected be a US citizen because it provides services under a federal government contract with clearance requirements. This position is limited to individuals who can obtain and maintain the federal government clearance required by the contract.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5+ years of IT platform implementation experience.
· Experience using database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
· Implementation and tuning experience for Apache Hadoop + tools such as Pig and Hive.
· Current hands-on implementation experience required; individual contributors only need apply.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
· BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
· Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce + tools such as Pig and Hive.
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.