Senior Cloud Architect
Job ID: 1794613 | Amazon Web Services, Inc
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
Are you interested in helping the customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and guide a project to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Be part of our Professional Services team!
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We’re obsessed about delivering strong success for our Customers – we collaborate across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams so we deliver the right solution and drive feature innovation based on customer needs.
We are looking for people that have:
· A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions across the full enterprise stack. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on technical expert and have past experience working as a consultant. With AWS, you will keep your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones as you lead architecture discussions and proof of concept buildouts for customers. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and hands-on design exercises to create world-class cloud solutions built on AWS.
· A background of deep technical expertise supporting customers in at least one of the following enterprise technology areas: Server/OS management; Network management; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management; Storage and Virtualization management.
· An understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write basic scripted or compiled code.
· A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers in a variety of locations across the US. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. This can vary depending on the customers supported, 30% to 50% can be typical, sometimes higher during peak times. Please check with the hiring team for more information.
This position requires the candidate selected be a US citizen because it provides services under a federal government contract with clearance requirements. This position is limited to individuals who can obtain and maintain the federal government clearance required by the contract.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent degree and/or experience.
· 10+ or more years of design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise technologies in support of distributed applications.
· 2+ years of hands on AWS services implementation experience
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
· Hands-on technical skills in at least one of the following: Server/OS management; Network management; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management; Storage and Virtualization management.
· Demonstrates experience with software development tools and methodologies, including basic ability to write scripted or compiled code.
· Demonstrates experience presenting technical material to both technical and nontechnical clients.
· AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification or similar Professional certifications
· Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
· Demonstrates experience in running complex projects.
· Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
· High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· Demonstrates ability to be comfortable speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.